Kids movies show unsafe habits

AtTheSouthDam

YES YES YES. The shield booster and lack of hair BUG me so much! Of course it's DS's favorite show ever :rolleyes:.

Preschool show Caillou -

I can't figure if it bothers me or not that Caillou uses a shield booster and his sister has an OHS convertible.
Guess in reality it is better than having a 4 and 2 year old in nothing, even in a cartoon. They need to do something about the bald head, however.

Leave his bald alone :p Caillou means bald (or pebble) so it is fitting :p
And the overhead shield doesn't bother me as much a the when they buckled her in once. I swung to the side and the buckled under it :confused:

ADS

babyherder

I point stuff like this out all the time as we're watching movies (we don't have cable). One that really got me was in Stuart Little, the little girl is in a forward facing infant seat and part of her head is above the shell of the seat.

I was freaking out as we were watching it and of course everyone was telling me it wasn't real it didn't matter. :rolleyes:

That bothered me too. However, at least they had the carseat in the cab. Incorrect use in cartons doesn't bother me so much (it would be nice if it was better) since many things in cartoons are unrealistic. But I think with real people car seats need to be used correctly!

Andie

Anyone see Modern Family from last night? They pulled Lilly out of the Prius and the seat was FF. It was a super funny episode though...

I'm just watching the newest episode on Hulu (1/20). At about 3:50 in the episode, they show them in the car. I was shocked, there she was in her Keyfit (I think that's right) FF. I came right over here to post, lol.

They were trying to figure out the voice activated controls and when he said to go to next track on the cd, the AC came on. Cameron said "good thing Lily doesn't have an ejector seat". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is the link to it on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/121405/modern-family-fifteen-percent#s-p1-so-i0

MJHY27

Oh, and mad props to Sid the Science Kid -

I was just noticing that the other day. that show annoys me to no end but I gotta say good job on the carseat at least!

I havent watched that episode of modern family yet but that is definatly not ok! i mean come on does no one on that set actually have kids and know at least something about carseat safety??

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
MommyMedic, some months back I was part of a focus group giving impressions on insurance commercials... I had to say that mine was negative of that one, and everyone looked at me like I was insane. I explained why, though, and the reception was surprisingly good, "Ah, okay, a safety reason! That makes sense!" LOL.

Hopefully that feedback got to the folks putting the commercials together and they'll promote ERF next time... at least it was proper use, if not best practice, lol.

And holy cow, the Jackie Chan commercial... I about peed my pants when I saw that. Geesh!

brightredmtn

I'm just watching the newest episode on Hulu (1/20). At about 3:50 in the episode, they show them in the car. I was shocked, there she was in her Keyfit (I think that's right) FF. I came right over here to post, lol.

They were trying to figure out the voice activated controls and when he said to go to next track on the cd, the AC came on. Cameron said "good thing Lily doesn't have an ejector seat". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is the link to it on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/121405/modern-family-fifteen-percent#s-p1-so-i0

I was actually talking about the episode from 1/14. It was just an exterior shot but they pulled the car seat out of the car and it was definitely FF. The one from this week was way worse!

sparkyd

In Caillou's defense, that show started 12 years ago. There are more recent episodes, but I'm pretty sure the ones we are seeing here at the moment are those old ones. Apparently there were some new episodes made in 2006, but that was after a 3 or 4 year hiatus, and I don't think we've ever seen those new ones.

I actually find that show much less annoying than I thought I would. ;)

lpperry

I thought I was the only nut who noticed car seats on movies and tv shows! I was mad at Modern family too! In their defense, I wonder if they just did that because they wanted to be able to get Lily's face on screen with the dad's. They wouldn't be able to do that if she had been rf.

I was watching something the other day and I was very excited that the parent went to buckle the kid in a seat, but the harness was all lose and the chest clip was at the belly button. If they are going to make the effort to show the car seat, why can't they buckle the kids correctly??

Andie

Just bumping this up, watching Modern Family on Hulu again (no cable). The first thing the video says is this program brought to you by the NHTSA. Found that pretty interesting. I wonder if anyone at NHTSA has actually seen the show.

Evolily

Just bumping this up, watching Modern Family on Hulu again (no cable). The first thing the video says is this program brought to you by the NHTSA. Found that pretty interesting. I wonder if anyone at NHTSA has actually seen the show.

I watch Hulu a lot, and I think the commercials are just randomly assigned.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC