At what age did your child (or the child for whom you care) move to the top slots on the Radian?

ADS

munchkin

M moved to the top slots at about 4 years 3 months. (About the same time she would have moved to the top slots on the Nautilus).

Mingie

CPST Instructor
DD#1 was 4 in November and we just moved it up. She is 38lbs and tall(but lots of her height is in her legs).

aja

we just recently bought a radian xt and dd (3 1/2) is not even close and ds (4 1/2) is using the top slots.

Marvin711

Just got our XTSL today and he is using top slots at 5 years 3 months...his shoulders are just a fraction above the 2nd tallest slots.

nmb

32 mos, FF (which is also when he went over the weight limit for RF on our older Radian, 33lbs....he may have needed it before that if he'd been FF before....he was on the 3rd slot RF but only rode in DH's car a couple times a month so he easily could've been above it unnoticed).

Still on the 2nd slot RF, of course. ;)

Katy

We just got DS2 XTSL. I tried it on DS1 (his is just getting ordered). DS1 is 5.5yr and about 50% for hight and weight. He still is 1cm below the 2nd tallest slot, so he has a way to go before hitting the top.

todzwife

Dang, do I just make little tiny kids?
DS is 6 and is using the top slots, but still has room to grow. DD turns 4 Thursday and has an inch before she gets to the second to the top slots. I'd imagine she'll be 9 before she outgrows her seat.:rolleyes:

TXAggieTech

Dang, do I just make little tiny kids?
DS is 6 and is using the top slots, but still has room to grow. DD turns 4 Thursday and has an inch before she gets to the second to the top slots. I'd imagine she'll be 9 before she outgrows her seat.:rolleyes:

I'm right there with you. DS is 6 and at the 2nd from the top. Stolen DD is also 6 and just hit the top this past fall.

monstah

I got a Radian right around my DS's 3rd birthday and he was easily on the top slots. He would have moved up sometime while he was two.

ETA: I forgot to mention DD1 is 2 years old and has about an inch before needing to switch to the top slots for forward facing.

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD1 was ~ 5 years old when we got a Radian and needed the top slots at that time, and her shoulders went above the top slots shortly after her 6th birthday at which point we switched her from the Radian back to a Regent in DH's car. DD2 has needed the top slots in the Radian since she first used the Radian FF shortly before her 4th birthday.

emandbri

Benjamin was right at the second to top slots when I bought my first radian, he was 3 years 11 months at the time, so I would say a little over 4. My kids are tall with long legs.

Kat_Momof3

4-4.5yrs (don't remember which exactly) was Ruthie... Jeffrey was already in them when we bought it.. so don't know when he would have made the switch.

Of course, now we don't have one, or I'd be telling when Ruthie will outgrow it... Jeffrey would have been 6.5yrs old when he outgrew it, but I let him move to a booster at age 6.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC