The 'new monterey' ISOFast connectors...

mrs_teeee67

Someone had wanted to see pics when I got my 'bajillion piece' seat. Here is a pic of the straps totally loosened out on my new 'normal' seat.

100_1354.jpg

ADS

mrs_teeee67

So does the latch tighten up pretty snug. Sorry, weird. My question mark key won't work.

Yes, once I quit pushing down against the seat lol The straps pulled nice and snug from the front,, sorta like the Radians,, but 2 straps instead of one

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I thought the old Monterey only tightened on one side? Seems like this might make them easier to get off too-- does it still have the instruction to hook them in upside down, or can you hook them the regular way now (because heaven knows that was confusing a lot of parents...)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Glad to see the OP received another Monterey to replace the mistakenly sent "erector" set of spare Monterey parts. :)

The LATCH strap looks significantly longer on the OP's than our Monterey which has a June 2009 DOM. The Monterey's LATCH strap doesn't adjust/tighten the LATCH on one side. Instead, the Monterey's LATCH tightens/loosens using an adjuster mechanism very similar to the front harness adjuster on 5-point harnessed seats, and to my knowledge this is true for all Montereys, older or newer. The adjuster is located on the front lower edge of the Monterey's base, and you pull the adjuster strap to shorten and tighten up the LATCH strap, and you release the lever while pulling the Monterey itself forward from the vehicle seat to lengthen and loosen the LATCH strap when it's installed with LATCH to create slack to reach behind the Monterey and unhook the LATCH connectors. More LATCH strap length should ease both hooking and unhooking the LATCH connectors. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

they do look significantly longer... and also less wide and bulky.

the "old monterey" is setup the same way... two straps coming out the back tightened by one strap in the front...

obviously they listened to the complaint of short latch straps and the clips being big and bulky.

emandbri

I wish it had alligator clips. I find it so hard to take it out which is the main reason I'm considering getting the cybex for Benjamin.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Wow. That longer strap sure would be helpful!!! Installing and removing the latch connectors can be a real pain with the short strap! Esp. in my husband's vehicle where the latch bars are hidden.

kimk2230

I love the longer straps. I have a venture and my laych is recessed into the seats. I have a hard time getting the latch connected and a even harder time getting it undone. Is there any tricks? Do the latch connectors face down when you hook them in or up? I can't seem to remeber how I did it. I just want to make sure it is correct.
Thanks

emandbri

Is there any tricks? Do the latch connectors face down when you hook them in or up? I can't seem to remeber how I did it. I just want to make sure it is correct.
Thanks

The instructions say to have them face up so it is easier to unhook them but I really don't think it is any easier. Since the instructions specifically say to do so so it is easier to unhook I do not think it is an safety issue. To unhook them I press it down and then turn the latch sideways.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC