Question 2009 Ford f150 extended cab

kaja2719

We just bought a 2009 Ford f150 extended cab truck a couple of months ago! When we bought the truck our sons chicco key fit 30 fit perfect but it is now time to switch him to a bigger seat. I did not think this was going to be a problem until I started researching seats and realized that a convertible seat takes up more room and people seem to have problems with fitting them! Does anyone have experience with a convertible car seat in an extended cab truck, what car seat fit best, and is this safe?
6a00d83451b3c669e2010536d8fe7c970c-800wi

ADS

firemomof3

I would look at the Radian and install it rear facing in the center. It will fit perfectly between the 2 front seats :) Plus, you can tether the Radian rf which is important in a truck.

emntheboys

You could also look at the Truefit or Truefit Premiere. Even though the seat looks like a beast, it actually fits really well in tight spaces. It also looks like your front seats are pretty reclined, if you put them more upright, it will give you more space for a convertible back there.

I should add that we have an extended cab silverado & I've fit a RF Radian center and a RF Truefit outboard with no problems.

3plus2isme

I would look at the Radian and install it rear facing in the center. It will fit perfectly between the 2 front seats :) Plus, you can tether the Radian rf which is important in a truck.

That's what I was going to suggest... We have a crew cab but I now the radian fits perfectly between the front seats so you can get a good recline.

kaja2719

I am looking at getting either the britax roundabout 50 or the marathon! Never heard of Sunshine brand but will look into it! Thanks

kaja2719

I am looking at getting either the britax roundabout 50 or the marathon! Never heard of Sunshine brand but will look into it! Thanks

Maedze

Almost any convertible for an older baby will take up LESS front-to-back room than an infant seat, because it doesn't need to be at a 45 degree angle.

I too recommend the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL. It will keep your child rear facing much longer than anything Britax has to offer. It's best to keep your child rear facing to the maximum capability of the convertible, at LEAST 3-4 years of age before going forward facing :)

SavsMom

From experience I can tell you that a Britax Boulevard installs nicely in the middle (had one installed in the middle of a 2010 Ford F150 xtra-cab over the summer).

Having said that I too would tell you to look at a Sunshine Kids Radian over a Britax seat - it will last you longer than the Marathon or Roundabout 50 and should be fine to install in the truck as it seems (to me anyway) to take about the same amount of room as my Boulevard does.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC