Dedicated Booster Carseats - Requesting measurements/information for your carseats

MomToEliEm

For a while now, I have wanted to see a webpage or spreadsheet listing all the carseats available along with certain information (measurements, manufacturer stated limits, features, etc.) all listed together so it is easier to compare carseats. Once most of the data is collected, I will consolidate the data into one report for everyone to use. I will try to keep the main summary report updated whenever new data is submitted.

In this post, I am requesting data for Dedicated Booster Carseats (carseat that positions the car's seatbelt on a child and does not utilize a harness). For this data gathering effort, if you have access to a particular seat, try to gather some of the data and submit it using the submission form linked below. When submitting your data, you don't have to collect all the data I am asking for. If some data is missing, hopefully someone else will submit that data later on. If you disagree with a particular measurement or information someone else has already submitted, submit your own entry for that seat providing your information. In the main summary report, I will combine all the submitted data so everything for one seat appears together. It may take several weeks/months to gather this data, but hopefully when it is all together, it will be a useful document to reference.

Access the submission forms found on this site:
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/
(the master spreadsheets as well as the raw submitted data are also found on that site)

If you make a mistake on some data you submitted, send me a message (PM to MomToEliEm) and indicate the information you need changed or deleted, and I will try to get it corrected on the spreadsheet.

If you have other seat types, there are posts for gathering data for each of the other seat types:
Infant Carseats
Convertible Carseats
Combination/Youth Carseats
Dedicated Booster Seats

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

Here is some of the data I am requesting for dedicated booster seats. I know it is a lot of information, so don't feel like you have to gather all the data.

=====================

Dedicated Booster Seat Measurements
Use this form to submit information (measurements, limits, etc.) on dedicated booster seats (these are seats that are only seat belt positioning child restraints with no built in harness system). If a particular field is not applicable to a particular booster, enter "N/A" or leave field blank. If you only have answers to some of the questions, leave the other fields blank and someone else will hopefully answer those questions at a later time.

Booster Seat Manufacturer - What is the manufacturer name of this booster seat?

Booster Seat Model Name - What is the model name of this car seat? If variations exist for a particular model, please provide details as to cover or style of the seat so we know which seat you are measuring.

Lowest Belt Guide Height - With the car seat in booster mode in the lowest position, measure from the seat bottom (compress cover and padding during measurement) to the belt guide location at the top of the booster seat. If there is a wide gap for the belt guide, you can enter a range for the measurement depending on if the seat belt hits the top of the belt guide or the bottom of the belt guide. If the seat belt is always forced to the top of the belt guide, only provide the top measurement. If the seat belt is always forced to the bottom of the belt guide, only provide the bottom measurement.

Highest Belt Guide Height - With the car seat in booster mode in the highest position, measure from the seat bottom (compress cover and padding during measurement) to the seat belt guide location at the top of the booster seat. If there is a wide gap for the belt guide, you can enter a range for the measurement depending on if the seat belt hits the top of the belt guide or the bottom of the belt guide. If the seatbelt is always forced to the top of the belt guide, only provide the top measurement. If the seat belt is always forced to the bottom of the belt guide, only provide the bottom measurement.

Tallest Internal Seating Height - With the booster seat in the highest setting, measure from the seat bottom (compress cover and padding during measurement) to the top of the high back shell. If the shell height varies, get a measurement at a position where the child's head would be positioned.

Tallest External Booster Seat Height - With the booster seat in the highest setting, measure from the bottom of the booster seat (bottom of the base) to the top of the high back shell. If the shell height varies, get a measurement at a position where the child's head would be positioned.

Internal Base Seating Depth - Measure the inside measurements from the back of the booster seat (with the high back portion installed) to the front of the seat where the child's legs would bend. If depth is adjustable, enter measurements as a range from shortest to deepest setting.

External Base Seating Depth - Measure the widest external width of the booster seat base . This is not a measurement of the high back portion of the booster seat, just the base. If depth is adjustable, enter measurements as a range from shortest to deepest setting.

Internal Base Seating Width - Measure the inside width measurements between armrests (if booster seat has armrests) where the child sits when using the booster seat. If width is adjustable, enter measurements as a range from narrowest to widest setting.

External Base Seating Width - Measure the widest external width of the booster seat base . This is not a measurement of the high back portion of the booster seat, just the base. If width is adjustable, enter measurements as a range from narrowest to widest setting.

High back Portion, Maximum External Width - Measure the widest external width of the high back portion of the booster seat. If width is adjustable, enter measurements as a range from narrowest to widest setting.

Weight with High Back installed - Weigh the entire seat with all padding and high back portion installed.

Weight as a no back booster - Weigh the booster seat of only the backless portion of the seat.

Weight Range (high back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated weight range to use the seat as a high back booster seat?

Weight Range (no back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated weight range to use the seat as a no back booster seat?

Height Range (high back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated height range to use the seat as a high back booster seat?

Height Range (no back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated height range to use the seat as a no back booster seat?

Age Range (high back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated age range to use the seat as a high back booster seat?

Age Range (no back mode) - What is the manufacturer's stated age range to use the seat as a no back booster seat?

LATCH Capable - Does the booster seat provide a method to latch the seat to the vehicle?
Option 1: Unsure
Option 2: Cannot use LATCH
Option 3: Can Use LATCH
Option 4: Mfg Unclear on LATCH

Expiration Limits - When does this booster seat expire (i.e. - 6 years from manufacturer date, December of 6th year from manufacturer date, etc.)?

Seat Modes - Can seat be used only as a high back booster, no back booster, or convert from a high back booster to a no back booster?
Option 1: high back/no back
Option 2: high back only
Option 3: no back only

Other Information - Provide any other unique features, limitations, installation tricks regarding this booster seat.

User Name - What is your car-seat.org user name?

Last edited:

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up in hopes of getting some more dedicated booster seat measurements/info added to the spreadhseet.

If anyone has any of the below seats (or any others I might have missed), feel free to add your info using the submission form in the first post.

<list updated further down in thread>

Last edited:

TnT's Mom

I just submitted measurements and info for the oldstyle Parkway, Compass B510, and a Jane Indy. Hopefully my measurements jive...I tried to be as consistent as possible. I don't have a scale so I couldn't weigh the seats...sorry! And I think I missed putting in some expiration dates. I will go back and check in a few!

ETA: I went back and put the expiration dates in!

Last edited:

NVMBR02

I have an evenflo AMP in dh's trunk. When he gets home from work I can summit the info if no one else has yet.

MomToEliEm

I have created a new public social group to the board for discussions related to this carseat measurements/data spreadsheet. Right now, I have a post with links for the submission forms as well as the raw summary sheets (don't have the master spreadsheets ready yet). I do plan to make a post to put in the articles forum but haven't done that yet since I don't have the master summary sheets ready yet so for now, you should be able to easily find the links by going to the social group.

I also have some posts looking for verification on measurements already submitted, particularly in cases where multiple people submitted data for a seat. I was hoping to have multiple people to submit data as this allows me to ensure the data is more accurate. If anyone sees any data off in the existing summary sheets, feel free to submit your own data so we can try and get the master summary page as accurate as possible.

There are still a number of seats still missing data, so if you have a seat, check to see if it has already been entered. If it is not there or has some missing data, please try submitting your data.

Here is the link to the new social group:
http://www.car-seat.org/group.php?groupid=20
It is public so everyone should be able to see the data in it.

TnT's Mom

I have a Harmony Secure Comfort Deluxe something or other low back. I can get you measurements on that one if you still need it.

TnT's Mom

I just submitted the info I have for the Harmony/Secure Comfort Deluxe Booster.
The manual has contact info for Secure Juvenile Products (Canada) and Harmony Juvenile Products (New Jersey)...so I listed manufacturer as both. I still don't have a scale so I couldn't weight the seat, sorry.

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up to see if anyone has any of the following seats. If you do have access to one of these seats, would you mind gathering some measurements off the seat and submitting it to our measurements/data spreadsheet.

You can submit the data using the submission forms found on this page:
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/submitforms

The master measurements/data spreadsheets are found here:
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements

Here is a list of some seats we are still missing data on:
Britax Bodyguard - need seat weight
Britax Parkway SG - weight in no-back mode
Chicco Strata - need seat weight
Combi Dakota - Seating Depth, Internal seating width, maximum external width
Combi Kobuk - need most seat measurements
Cosco Ambassador / Highrise - need seat weight
Cosco Pronto - need high-back/no-back seat weight
Cosco Traveler - need everything
Eddie Bauer Autobooster - need measurements and weights
Evenflo Big Kid Confidence - need everything
Graco Airbooster - need weight as high back and no-back
Graco Turbo Booster - need weight as high back and no-back
Harmony Baby Armor - need most measurements
Harmony Dreamtime Comfort Highback - need most measurements
Jane Indy - Need seat weight
Maxi-Cosi Rodi XR - need most everything
Recaro Start - need everything
The First Years/Compass B500 - need seat weight
The First Years/Compass B510 - need seat weight

Have complete info on the following seats (though you can always confirm the measurements and submit your own if you get different measurements):
Britax Parkway (not SG style)
Clek Olli
Clek Ozzi
Clek Oobr
Cybex Solution X-Fix
Evenflo Amp
Evenflo Big Kid (not confidence Model)
Harmony LiteRider
Harmony Secure Deluxe Comfort
Recaro ProBooster
Recaro Vivo
Sunshine Kids Monterey

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC