Booster Training

cmm7

How exactly does one go about booster training? Do you do short rides? Have another person along to keep an eye on the trainee? I have never had to train someone but Z will be using a booster in my car this summer and I know she doesn't ride properly in her car. S didn't either when she started in my car, but she could read so I hung reminders on the seat in front of her.

ADS

steph_s

The first step is finding the right booster. I never thought it would be so hard to find a seat that fit my child! It took me months of trying my son in seat after seat until I finally found one that fit him and he liked.

Anyways, I take him on short trips here and there and in different cars to get him use to riding in the booster. I put up a round mirror thing that sticks to my rear view mirror so I can see him better and just look back and check on him here and there. Now our trips are about 20 minutes long and he does ok in the car in his booster. He recently fell asleep in the car though and wasn't ready for that just yet. I pulled over and put him back in his Regent to go to sleep. He slumped down instead of leaning back against the head wings. Constant reminders and bribery work well! lol I give my son 2 m&m's after he rides in his booster seat correctly without reminders every time we get out of the car. This got him really motivated to remember to sit still and not lean forward. Last week he got extra m&m's for asking me to retrieve something he dropped on the floor for him. I was so happy he remembered he couldn't lean forward that I gave him the entire rest of the bag in my car to eat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC