Question Any news on the Chicco KeyFit Strada booster?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

chicco's website says February... and has all the info... I'm hoping someone plans to buy one so I can get measurements... at least in the next year... because when Jeffrey outgrows the Monterey, if I still don't like the fit on Ruthie, this could be a contender.

I still am not hearing back from Recaro, so I am not sure I can count on new Vivos being out if I don't choose to use the Monterey for her.

mish

I just looked on the Chicco website and they are for sale now. They have a direct link to a store to buy it online.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm not super-duper-excited about the booster, but it's got a minimum age of 4y and a minimum weight of 33#. Yay!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I just saw it today at a store here in town (shocking b/c they don't generally carry boosters!) but I didn't have time to really play w/ it. It looked o.k. Not super cute, lol. I can maybe measure it later this week.

mommy-medic

Kat- what do you dislike about the Monterey?

and :eek: $179 for a non-latchable booster? Um- the Monterey is $40 LESS..???

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

I believe that Kat doesn't like how the Monterey fits her little girl specifically, not that she doesn't like it in general.

I agree...holy yikes! Peolpel have been getting frontiers for not much more than that......

Kat_Momof3

I just don't like how it fits Ruthie... it doesn't hug her the way it hugs Jeffrey... I bought it for Jeffrey, who is a BROAD shouldered boy who outgrew so many other boosters.

Ruthie is just such a slim thing (even though she sometimes eats up to 2x as much as her brother when she wants... it's just her) and so short in the leg that I have been worried it won't fit her well...

BUT... BUT.. when I last tried her in it, she was fitting better... MUCH better... not well enough that I would choose it for her if I were buying her a booster TODAY... and had the funds... I still really prefer the fit in her Vivo.

Now that the price on the Strada has shot up, I doubt I'd buy it.

Between Chicco upping the price on this one and Dorel and that horrid headrest rule with the Maxi Cosi Rodi XR, I am about ready to :soapbox:

ZephyrBlue

Thankfully, I tried my 7yo (in 1 day!!!) in the Monterey when Kohls had the sale- she fits much much better! Well enough that I'm okay with her using it in DH's van. The belt placement is acceptable and she's really conscientious, so I think we'll be fine.

I can't imagine that I'd love the Strada enough to pay $170 for it :thumbsdown: It would have to be eons better than the Monterey, and I just don't see that happening.

Kat_Momof3

exactly... I could get the 129 price... cause it was similar to a vivo, but with the added feature of expandable body wings...

but I just can't fathom paying 179 for it.... to charge that much, they should have made it latchable (preferably with rigid latch)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC