Referral and Afflilate Commerce

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Many online stores offer some type of affiliate or "Refer a Friend" arrangement, where people can earn commissions or bonuses. For example, Car-Seat.Org is currently an affiliate for the Google network, Amazon.com and eBay. These arrangements are considered commerce and are subject to our guidelines on advertising.

Everyone wants to make a buck, myself included. The problem is when they all want to post their link in reply to numerous threads seeking the best deals on baby gear. With a busy forum like this one, that can mean dozens or even hundreds of people if it goes unchecked.

Posting deals, coupon codes and other bargains is encouraged on our shopping forums, unless you or your business (or one where there is any affiliation with you) profits from the link, coupon or referral.

If a member is requesting a deal or code, you are welcome instead to send them your affiliate or referral information by Private Message. Please do not reply to their post in public, even to ask them to send you a message or check their email.

Community members may also post your personal home businesses (including an affiliate or referral link) in this thread- http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110005 .

Finally, if you wish to advertise your personal business, website, affiliate link or code within your signature, there is now a home business sponsorship that allows this. Please see http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=20767 . Please note that this applies to individuals and sole proprietors who operate personal businesses from home. It does not apply to corporate entities, including small and retail businesses/partnerships.

In particular, Diapers.com referrals have started to proliferate. If you wish to list yours in public, please consider one of the above options. I am still considering various suggestions from recent months that I start a referral arrangement for Car-Seat.Org, but have not yet made a decision on this.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
thanks for the reminder. I've been removing them as I've seen them. I hope no one has felt singled out.

Unfortunately, they are easily overlooked. Members are welcome to use the "Report Post" feature to have them removed. Ultimately, they amount to spam, as they provide no useful information on a thread and are often repeated. I've been sending a PM here and there. No one is likely to even get an infraction unless they are a repeat offender and were notified in public or via PM about the guidelines.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Bump. This includes tinurl/indirect/redirect referral links and also links to business pages at Facebook, Google+, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC