How's she look? And question about measuring shell height above head.

Mae

She's 27mo, roughly 29lbs.

So when measuring shell height above her head, I'd measure at the top of the seat, not the top of the moveable part, right? Just double checking. :)

Guesses on how much shell she's got above her head? I might need to get a better picture tomorrow, I can smash down her hair then.

009efc1f.jpg

c4da836e.jpg

f209ff8d.jpg

ETA: I was going to make a new thread for this, but I changed my mind. What seats offer good leg room? The MyRides do, correct? What about Radians? I'm probably going to be buying one in June. Heck, I'll have to buy a seat in June. Maybe I should just start a new thread. As you can tell, she's got little leg room (even though she didn't complain! :thumbsup: I just think she doesn't know what to do with her legs when RF, mom/dad FF her.)

ADS

NannyMom

ETA: I was going to make a new thread for this, but I changed my mind. What seats offer good leg room? The MyRides do, correct? What about Radians? I'm probably going to be buying one in June. Heck, I'll have to buy a seat in June. Maybe I should just start a new thread. As you can tell, she's got little leg room (even though she didn't complain! :thumbsup: I just think she doesn't know what to do with her legs when RF, mom/dad FF her.)

Legroom photos: http://www.car-seat.org/album.php?albumid=102 I didn't do the 3 in 1s, sorry. But it compares many, many other convertibles for legroom. Same child, same vehicle, same day.

Does she complain about the legroom? Because it looks like she knows what to do with her legs ;)

Mae

Thanks for the pictures! I will probably settle on a Radian when it comes time to buy, in June. I'm hoping it works in my car and I'm hoping it has lots of leg room. In my car, the AOE gives more legroom than my TF. Plus, I hate my TF. I'm ridding of it soon. I just had to make sure that she still fits height wise in the AOE, since I hate the TF so much. ;)

Does she complain about the legroom? Because it looks like she knows what to do with her legs ;)

Nope, no complaining. She was very confused at first. I haven't driven with her with me (in other words, she hasn't RF'd) since summer. I had to show her that she could straighten them or cross them, but she sat like the pictures the entire drive. She's been FF since she was roughly 14mo, with mom/dad, that is.

NannyMom

My Friend's DD has been FF since 12 months. She rides RF in my car, and has never had a problem with where to put her legs :) I think she wasn't confused the first time because Sofi was sitting the same way, and they are a few months apart in age.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
To answer the original question, it looks like she's got about three inches above her head. You go to the shell, I believe, not the headrest. Though with that seat it's not all that different as the headrest only comes up a touch over the shell in the highest usable position for the harness anyway).

The Radians offer a ton of leg room. Here's Piper a week after her fifth birthday.

1024886238_c9321f8bf6.jpg

And here she is at 6y11m in the My Ride (too heavy and tall, but it shows leg room pretty well).

3636755915_c90865fcc8.jpg

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC