Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Pioneer Woman Cooks $11.50

on amazon right now. That's 58% off.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061658197"]Amazon.com: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl (9780061658198): Ree Drummond: Books[/ame]

not familiar? c'mon out from under that rock.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Pioneer Woman Cooks $11.50

That cook book is FABULOUS!!!! I bought mine last week and have made the Chocolate Sheet Cake, (you'll never know how you lived without it!) Marbro Man's favorite sandwich, Pene a la betsy, bacon wrapped jalapino's and Sherried Tomato soup... They're all winners at our house! Tomorrow I'm trying her Lasagna.

BUY IT!!!
    CPST & Stay at home Cake-decorating/Scrapbooking/Photo Mom to
    Kyrie-10 in Harmony NBB & 5 stepping
    Trey-7 in Monterrey/parkway HBB
    Carter 12/2012 RF in Foonf & Rhett 10/2014 in ClickConnect 40

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

My sister bought me a copy for Christmas, or I'd be all over that one!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Carseat Crazy

Just got it! Thanks.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

Lasagna? Well dang, I am making lasagna for Sunday dinner. Is there something special about it that I should know?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
    BUY IT!!!
    oh, I did- about 30 seconds before I posted this here. I even had ~$10 on an Amazon GC, so it was $1.49 out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
    Tomorrow I'm trying her Lasagna.
    is it the best lasagna recipe on her site? I just looked it up. The sliced mozzarella is genius. Genius!

But twice that on amazon.ca niiice.
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Oooh ooooh ooooohhhh!!!!

Go to her site (the pioneer woman dot com) and click on cooking- you absolutely MUST try the apple dumplings and the roast beef tenderloin- both of those are the absolute BEST foods you can ever EVER put in your mouth.

I was able to get mine signed (and if you mail yours to her she will sign it and return it to ya).
    http://mommy-medic.blogspot.com/2009...side-work.html

Anyone know if there are many recipes with chicken... (no red meat or pork)? DH doesn't eat red meat or pork so I don't like buying cookbooks that mostly have recipes I can't use.
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide

Quote Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
    Anyone know if there are many recipes with chicken... (no red meat or pork)? DH doesn't eat red meat or pork so I don't like buying cookbooks that mostly have recipes I can't use.
    Here are the ones she's posted on her site -

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/c...ll-pw-recipes/

So, at least as much chicken as anything else. I honestly don't know if there's any more in the book than her blog. but what I've tried, I've liked and I like cookbooks.

Honestly I am pretty sure everything in her cookbook is also on her blog (the blog has a lot more recipes tan the cookbook). The cookbook has a lot of neat stories etc in it, and I think all but 2 pics in it were taken by her as well (check out the photography section of her site too )

Senior Community Member

Got that for my youngest DD for Christmas. She is wanting to venture out a little in cooking for herself.

I had to page through it first and it looked wonderful.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mommy-medic View Post
    you absolutely MUST try the apple dumplings and the roast beef tenderloin- both of those are the absolute BEST foods you can ever EVER put in your mouth.
    Those look so yummy! I am making them tomorrow.

I can't find the Roast Beef Tenderloin one. The cookbook will be here Tuesday but I'd love to look at it now.
    Diana, Mommy To:

those apple dumplings are sooooooo goooooooood!!!!!! Don't forget the mountain dew- it carmelizes and turns into thick goo, like apple pie filling. I do them in a glass pan and take them out when the tops are brown and the juice is boiling- usually 45 minutes. the juice is great spooned over the top of them right away- it thickens as it cools (HA- like ya can wait for them to cool. Singed tongues heal fast ) I've made them at every station I have worked at- and the recipe has made it to those I haven't even been to! They get done here at work about once a month and there are NO leftovers.

Here is the tenderloin. It's expensive but I've done it about three times and turns out sooooooo good too! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...asted_beef_te/

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post

is it the best lasagna recipe on her site? I just looked it up. The sliced mozzarella is genius. Genius!
    Oh, I just make this! I assembled it in 2 pans. 1 I froze. The other is in the fridge. DH will bake it when he get home from work tomorrow. I tasted the meat concoction and I can't wait! Soooo yummy!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mommy-medic View Post
    those apple dumplings are sooooooo goooooooood!!!!!! Don't forget the mountain dew- it carmelizes and turns into thick goo, like apple pie filling. I do them in a glass pan and take them out when the tops are brown and the juice is boiling- usually 45 minutes. the juice is great spooned over the top of them right away- it thickens as it cools (HA- like ya can wait for them to cool. Singed tongues heal fast ) I've made them at every station I have worked at- and the recipe has made it to those I haven't even been to! They get done here at work about once a month and there are NO leftovers.

Here is the tenderloin. It's expensive but I've done it about three times and turns out sooooooo good too! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...asted_beef_te/
    Thank you!!! I am making the Apple Dumplings tomorrow, who needs to diet anyway. Right? I really dislike Mt. Dew but I will trust you on this one. lol. They do look so good!

And I am definitely making the Tenderloin on the 18th for my Dads Birthday. It looks DELICIOUS!
    Diana, Mommy To: