Awesome deal turned into bad experience

mommyof3tx

So I decided to stop by Lonestar Baby and Kids today to try out the Radian XTSL to make sure it would fit in my car and install right so I could then convince my DH I just HAD to have one :) I "knew" I could get a better deal online. So I get there and try it in the car and while installing it I notice there is a tag on it for $134.99!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. The tag was attached to the seat and it said something like Super lonestar baby sale or something so I thought no way but I guess maybe?? I got really lucky. The more I thought about it I figured it had to be a mistake but I was going to try and get it at that price. So we get the red one take it up there and it rings up with tax over $300 and I asked how that could be with the price tag saying that? So the girl goes back and pulls the tag off the thing and talks to the manager. One of the girls working there pipes up and says "It was attached we have to honor it, it's the law" I said "I thought so, I thought that would be false advertising or something?" (I don't know the actual definition of it so I don't know if it truly is but I thought it was) Well after talking to a few managers they honored it, yay for me!!! It was like $146 with tax or something like that. BUT after I pay the manager right there in front of me that I could tell was really mad she had to honor it says to the girl checking me out "I want to know who tagged that it's going to be someone's job" RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Loud as can be, no way she thought I didn't hear. So now I feel like total crap, completely ruined the excitement of getting such a great deal :( I feel horrible that someone might loose their job because I made them honor a deal that was a mistake

It turned out that was the Monterrey price that was put on there. But I thought that was just awful of the manager. Yes I got a great deal so I feel like I shouldn't complain but I was made to feel really bad about it. They could have said no we won't honor it which would have been better for them business wise or they could have good customer service and honor it, take the hit and correct it for the next person. But you would think they would do it to make me want to come back you know? Now they have made me never want to go in that store again :thumbsdown:

ADS

P1ally

Yay for an awesome deal! I wouldn't feel so bad.. It's not your fault someone else screwed up. I highly doubt they actually fired the employee who did it anyways..

babygirlsmom1005

I also doubt anyone lost their job over it, maybe a write up, but I cannot imagine them firing someone over it, it was a simple mistake.

YAY for your great deal, feel good about it - that ROCKS.

Where are you in Texas? I am always in our Loanstar Baby & Kids over in North Richland Hills (northeast of Fort Worth).

My personal experiance with them, they are willing also to work with you on the price. I had gone in there and was looking at a XT for my daughter, they would have let it go for $50.00 less than what the tag said (so $229 instead of $279), but I knew I could get a better deal online (and did, got her XT with the cover she wanted for $190.00)

mommyof3tx

I also doubt anyone lost their job over it, maybe a write up, but I cannot imagine them firing someone over it, it was a simple mistake.

YAY for your great deal, feel good about it - that ROCKS.

Where are you in Texas? I am always in our Loanstar Baby & Kids over in North Richland Hills (northeast of Fort Worth).

My personal experiance with them, they are willing also to work with you on the price. I had gone in there and was looking at a XT for my daughter, they would have let it go for $50.00 less than what the tag said (so $229 instead of $279), but I knew I could get a better deal online (and did, got her XT with the cover she wanted for $190.00)

Great deal :) It was the same location. I'm in Haslet but we were over that way for a bday party. Up until check out they seemed to have great customer service, everyone was really helpful and friendly, and really patient with us debating over grey and red haha. I was really just disappointed with the main manager, she was so rude and then to say that and make me feel so bad, when it wasn't my mistake, it was theirs and all they needed to do was fix it and make sure it doesn't happen in the future you know? But oh well I'm over it now...mostly...I think no one probably lost their job they probably all got a big talking to about it but hopefully it was nothing more than that. Now I'm just excited about my awesome deal!! $146 with tax for the XTSL, DOM (if i'm looking at the right one on the back of the harness?) is 9/09 so not bad. I'm happy about it :D

Splash

I don't think heads will roll. He was just ticked off and was probably TRYING to make you feel bad, in hopes that you would pay full price in "exchange" for no one getting fired.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Being a manger, I gotta say, the employee won't get fired, but really, us employees do need to remember that our work place is NOT home and we we do need to watch what we say.

mommyof3tx

Good I'm glad no one will get fired. The thing was she told me as the girl was handing me my change, so I had paid, it was like making me feel horrible for just doing that.

mommy-medic

Two words: Call Corporate! Seriously- it was obviously an error (that they were professional enough to honor) but the "manager" was COMPLETELY out of line!!! I would not even get into specifics- just call corporate and say that something was mispriced and although the store honored it, the manager embarrassed both you and the employees on the spot in such an unprofessional manner........ I would tell them you're not looking for anything but feel that it needs to be reported. :twocents:

mommyof3tx

Thanks I wanted to do that but I felt like maybe I didn't really have a right to complain since they did honor it and I ended up getting such a good deal on it. I think I will call them now

Kat_Momof3

the manager should NOT have acted that way in front of you (or any customer)... and yay on your deal! I agree, with it tagged that way, they had to honor it.

Judi's DH

Senior Community Member
Two words: Call Corporate! Seriously- it was obviously an error (that they were professional enough to honor) but the "manager" was COMPLETELY out of line!!! I would not even get into specifics- just call corporate and say that something was mispriced and although the store honored it, the manager embarrassed both you and the employees on the spot in such an unprofessional manner........ I would tell them you're not looking for anything but feel that it needs to be reported. :twocents:

:yeahthat:

The manager of the store was the one more at fault in this situation they should have honored the price and let you go on your way,by trying to get you to feel bad at the end of your transaction they ruined any good will they built by honoring the price.

littleangelfire

I don't think heads will roll. He was just ticked off and was probably TRYING to make you feel bad, in hopes that you would pay full price in "exchange" for no one getting fired.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

And mommy-medic and Judi have the right idea, I would call and let someone know. It was uncouth to say such a think on the sales floor in front of customers. And employees (albeit an anonymous employee at that point) should not be dressed down in front of customers or other employees, either.

4busybees

Such great advice. I think it warrants a call to corporate. Tell them you feel bad about the experience and you really dont feel comfortable going back into that particular store again.

You didnt do anything wrong. You got a great deal, even if it was by mistake....it wasn't your mistake.

Enjoy the awesome deal and the great new seat!

monstah

My DH is a retail store manager & I asked him to read this for his opinion. He thinks you should call the store directly and speak to the store manager, not corporate. He says that corporate calls usually just take longer to get a response and has less direct impact to the store. Calls from corporate just become something else he has to deal with instead of a real customer with a name and a face.

mommyof3tx

My DH is a retail store manager & I asked him to read this for his opinion. He thinks you should call the store directly and speak to the store manager, not corporate. He says that corporate calls usually just take longer to get a response and has less direct impact to the store. Calls from corporate just become something else he has to deal with instead of a real customer with a name and a face.

Well if it was the store manager that said it will it really do much good to do that?

monstah

Well if it was the store manager that said it will it really do much good to do that?

Did you get her name? If not, is the managers name on the receipt likely a males name? And it was Sunday? I don't know how big this retailer is but chances are it was an assistant manager. It shouldn't be too hard to find out. I'm sorry she acted like that, it would totally bum me out too. :(

ETA: I see now that it was Saturday.

babygirlsmom1005

Great deal :) It was the same location. I'm in Haslet but we were over that way for a bday party. Up until check out they seemed to have great customer service, everyone was really helpful and friendly, and really patient with us debating over grey and red haha. I was really just disappointed with the main manager, she was so rude and then to say that and make me feel so bad, when it wasn't my mistake, it was theirs and all they needed to do was fix it and make sure it doesn't happen in the future you know? But oh well I'm over it now...mostly...I think no one probably lost their job they probably all got a big talking to about it but hopefully it was nothing more than that. Now I'm just excited about my awesome deal!! $146 with tax for the XTSL, DOM (if i'm looking at the right one on the back of the harness?) is 9/09 so not bad. I'm happy about it :D

Haslet isn't that far away - I'm in Keller and a girlfriend of mine is out there, we get togeter on a regular basis.....:D

mommyof3tx

You know what I didn't catch her name so I don't know if even calling corporate would do any good? But I do know the first girl that started checking me out when I told her called over another manager and she was saying wow that's a big difference you need to get the other manager. The girl checking me out said "can you hang on we have to get the real store manager to approve this one" so I'm pretty certain she was the actual manager, unless she was just the highest one up that was on duty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC