More prototypes: iRide and some infant straightjacket thing

ADS

Maedze

Huh, the second one (watched the whole video) had some really interesting ideas. I'm not sure they'll pan out, but that ratchet concept basically plays on a mitey tite in a less terrifying way. I wonder what was up with the funky harness?

Shanora

LMAO.....

I agree interesting concepts, but I can see a recipie for misuse BIG TIME. Parents forgetting to lock the 'carrier' portion in. Screwing up the harnesses, and forgetting or not eve bothering with the crotch portion. As for the carry part....that huge piece of plastic would NOT feel very good along my back.....They should switch that to a buckle...

All in all though, it has potential....just needs to be tweeked alot more....

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've seen the second one before. It has possibilities. I've also seen a different spin on a similar idea, where the sling is a lighterweight, breathable fabric that somehow snaps in to the convertible-type seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If the iRide was on a base in the car so it could lift out without having to reinstall, that'd be awesome.

What these people should do, of course, is come here. We can help design the perfect carseat/carrier. LOL

That second one doesn't look comfy to hold. I think I'd rather my TFP and accidentally coordinated KKAFP.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm thinking if they were allowed to have a seat with LATCH-only, no seatbelt, you could just build LATCH clips into the bottom of the infant seat and snap it right into the car (with a handle release on the back, like the Clek Olli to release the LATCH). Eliminating the need for seatbelt paths will make seats so much easier to deal with, IMO. Someday, maybe someday... :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC