Canadians-- what seats do you have in Canada?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Today was my day for meeting/seeing Canadians. :)

I was at Target and parked next to a car with an Alberta license plate.
Then, I was at Ann Taylor LOFT and met a woman from Vancouver.
THEN, I was at the bookstore and parked next to a car with a Quebec license plate.
Weird... parking next to two different Canadian cars in the same evening...

Anyway, the car with the Quebec license plate had two carseats in the back. I am trying to figure out what these seats were. They looked so interesting but NOTHING like the seats we have in the U.S.

The first seat was an infant carseat but it had a large "foot" on it. The seat looked a bit like a Britax Baby Safe, but it had a bright blue and yellow cover on it. It wasn't exactly the same as the Baby Safe... I'm not sure what it was.

The second seat was a FF seat that looked A LOT like the Britax Evolva 1-2-3, but it was also bright blue and yellow. I'm not sure what that one was either.

What seats do you have in Canada? I know it is hard to tell from the descriptions I gave, but I am wondering if these sound like seats you have in Canada. I am just being nosey, trying to figure out what these seats were...

ADS

smurf

Hmmm, good question.

We have far fewer carseats overall than in the US.
The infants seats I can think of are made by Graco, Evenflo, Cosco (nothing unusual here). Combi and Quinny make travel systems. Quinny strollers are quite the upscale item here and that *might* have been the infant seat you saw.

We only have the Britax Roundabout and Marathon.

Maybe those weren't Canadian seats? Maybe there's a whole parallel car seat universe in Canada that I'm unaware of (gasp!)

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmm, good question.

We have far fewer carseats overall than in the US.
The infants seats I can think of are made by Graco, Evenflo, Cosco (nothing unusual here). Combi and Quinny make travel systems. Quinny strollers are quite the upscale item here and that *might* have been the infant seat you saw.

Maybe other Canadians can chime in with suggestions?

Thanks! :) I will do some research on the Quinny to see if that *might* have been what I saw.

Thanks! :)

canadianmom2three

Hmmmm wish I could help, but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually seen a Britax in a canadian store or car...where I live the selection is miserable, just this past weekend I was window shopping over in Michigan and filled with envy...:rolleyes:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Thanks! :) I will do some research on the Quinny to see if that *might* have been what I saw.

Thanks! :)

I thought the QUINNY was the same as Cosco? There infant seats look the same and on the Cosco website you can link to QUINNY :confused:

bbartlettnfld

It probably wasn't canadian.. We don't have any carseats in Canada that are unavailable in the USA. So they were probably European.
The Quinny carseat is just a Designer 22 with "Quinny" on it.

Maybe they were Maxi Cosi's as Maxi Cosi has a Colour block fabric.
BethAnn

smurf

Yeah, I think those were probably European seats. The choice really is abysmal here, although we do have the Radian and the Apex now. I see more and more Britax seats, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC