need seat reccomendations for fitting six in my van for one day!

swtgi1982

I know not recommended, but I will have my three and by brothers three for the day. His three 4.5yr 47lbs, 2.75yr, two days shy of one yr. I have all the seats listed in siggy available plus a touriva, cosco Hbb with harness, snug ride, and turbo booster. plaease help! I know not ideal but i must make it work for one day! Ideally all RF except 4.5yr old.

triple bench in back and double in center. someone is gonna have to ride up front. (i know i know not good but must do) I was thinking 4.5yr old in DD complete air FF

van is 01 dodge caravan, tether anchor in all rear spots. no shoulder belt in rear center but all other locations

four year old regularly rides in booster so no issues there

any other ideas? please help must figure this tonight!:(

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'd bet you can get the touriva, snugride and scenera in your 3rd row.

Your choice for whoever rides in whatever in the 2nd row.

Edited because I misread the first time.

swtgi1982

I'd bet you can get the touriva, snugride and scenera in your 3rd row.

Your choice for whoever rides in whatever in the 2nd row.

Edited because I misread the first time.

Fun! Thanks! I guess I get to do all this in the snow tonight! Brrr!:D It supposed to be 6 degrees here tonight better get out there early!

Ok stats on all kids

Nephew) 4yr 7mon, 47lbs, height unsure but rather tall for age
DD) 3yr 11mon, 33lbs, 38in
Niece 1) 2yr 9 mon, 27lbs, 34in-ish
DS1) 2yr 7 mon, 27lbs, 34in
Niece 2) 11 months 3weeks, 16-18lbs (depending on day) short height unknown
DS2) 6 almost 7 weeks, 10lbs, 20 3/4in

Last edited:

swtgi1982

bump need suggestions about to go and freeze my a** off and try this, I would like more then one game plan if already suggested does not work.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
You could try:

Touriva, snugride, Scenera

or

Snugride, Touriva, Scenera

or

Cosco HBB, Touriva, Scenera

or

Snugride, Touriva, Cosco HBB

I am 99% sure your Touriva is the narrowest seat you have, followed by the Snugride, but I am not sure about the Cosco HBB vs the Scenera - and they may puzzle differently too which could create more room even if one is a little wider.

You just need to play with those 4 seats to get them to fit :)

Make sure they are installed independently of each other, and not relying on each other for tightness.

Kat_Momof3

Okay... this is what I'd do

middle bench - rf scenera and snugride
third row bench - CA (your oldest still in her own seat where she normally is), touriva rf, and scenera rf (assuming this all fits... if someone HAS to be ff, I'd turn your oldest because the other two are significantly younger)
front passenger seat - 4.5yr old in cosco hbb with harness

Now, if the 4.5yr old doesn't fit the cosco hbb with harness due to height or weight, then I'd put your oldest in the cosco hbb (again, assuming child fits) OR the 2.75yr old if neither oldest fits, and put the 4.5yr old in the Complete Air.

That's what I'd do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC