'99 Pontiac Grand Am Tether Anchors? / Moved from Tether Anchor Pictorial Guide thread

S

Slammer

Does anyone know if a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am has tether Anchors and if it does where they are located?
Thanks

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
A '99 Pontiac Grand Am doesn't have factory equipped top tether anchors, but it should be retrofittable at a GM dealership service department with 1 top tether anchor done free of charge per GM Service Bulletin Number 99-09-40-004a dated April 12, 2005 according to the LATCH manual. The specific part numbers for retrofittable GM models are not listed in the LATCH manual as they tend to change over time, and GM dealers are supposed to have the current part information. Just get in touch with a GM dealership (even though Pontiac is being phased out as a GM brand, servicing is supposed to continue at GM dealerships) to get the tether anchor retrofit process started and refer the service department to the above service bulletin number for details of the retrofit policy. :)

Pixels

All three rear seats are retrofittable.

I ordered three tether anchors for DH's 99 Grand Am almost a year ago. I received some of the parts for the center anchor (not all of them, and no installation instructions) and was told that the outboard anchor parts are backordered and they have no idea when or even if parts will ever be available.

The good news is, if you can actually get the parts, the retrofit itself isn't very difficult.

Lillybeth_2

My '98 sunfire is having this done. Just to let you know, they had to order the parts and they came from Canada, so don't wait until the last minute to call :)

U

Unregistered

I got the retrofit installed on my 97 Grand Prix in 2011 so they still have the kit but my local dealership was no help until I called the main number and somebody high up did a fantastic job of calling back my dealership and getting someone to investigate where to find it. The high up guy kept following thru until the job was completed!.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, thanks for sharing about your success in retrofitting your '97 Grand Prix. The OP and Pixels have '99 Grand Ams, different models from your Grand Prix that possibly/probably use a different tether anchor retrofit part, but there's that glimmer of hope for possibly locating parts if they happen to be the same or for others with non-factory equipped Grand Prix models who are wondering about retrofitting their cars. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC