Just for fun...

BabyKaykes

...if SKJP made an infant seat, how much would it weigh and what would it look like???

Somehow I imagine a 15lb steel-framed seat, that's skinny like the Combi buckets, with the Via handle, a no-rethread headrest like the BLVD, and an anti-rebound bar that folds down for travel. All covered in EPS foam and the softest fabric ever.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, their engineer designed the one that was safe for the front seat (supposedly. That's all I know about it.)

I think they would be much more conscious about the weight in an infant seat, I think without base it wouldn't weigh more than 1 lb. more than other infant seats-- no more than 9 lbs. or so.

I don't think they'd do a no-rethread harness, either. I do like the fold-down anti-rebound bar idea! I bet they would have a ratcheting mechanism in the base as a lockoff (a la Mighty Tite. LOL.)

Headwings, it would have headwings.

And maybe a foot prop.

BeckC

Oh I would love to see an SKJP infant seat.

I think it would be/have:

-Super narrow like the BT with an interior shape like the Connection
-Curved handle like the MC Mico (I don't know why, I just do) lol
-No headwings but lots of EPS foam
-Awesome head support/insert
-Low slots
-30 lb RF weight limit
-Tall shell
-ARF like the TFP, that can fold underneath the base. It would drive all of us techs crazy because people would install the seat without flipping it up into place.
-A little Russ action figure with a string on his back that when you pulled it he told you all the wonderful things about the new seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
-A little Russ action figure with a string on his back that when you pulled it he told you all the wonderful things about the new seat.

You're lucky I had put down my milk or you'd be paying for my new keyboard! :ROTFLMAO:

featherhead

Ok, am I looney or did I not see a long time back that Clek was going to be making an infant seat???? I thought it was back when we were all talking about the Oobr (before it was released). You know, in one of those gigantic threads.

steph_s

I see an infant seat more like their Monterey I guess. I see it being super narrow with low bottom slots (from birth on up no bottom weight limits), and having some nice SIP. I see it being like the Monterey in the way it expands. Something that starts super tiny for those who need to do 3 across directly after the baby is born, but know they will need a new car soon. I see it expanding width wise and possibly height wise to accommodate a baby as it grows, but is still small and compact. I don't think it would be heavy, but I'm sure it would be VERY sturdy! I would really like if they made a seat that got rid of the carrying handle and replace it with an anti-rebound bar and just use a carry strap! This would defiantly free up space for 3 across (since it's always the stupid handle of infant seats that's the problem). Now someone help me, what is that infant seat that was made with the carrying strap and not the handle? I loved that seat! Didn't have it long (stupid accident) but it was nice while I did!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sounds like you're describing the dearly beloved but discontinued Fisher Price Stay-in-View infant seat with the carrying strap instead of a handle, and the ARB base with the built-in mirror. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC