News about the Monterey

ZephyrBlue

I was emailing w/Russ from SK about an unrelated topic, and he told me that the Monterey was just awarded the # 1 booster seat rating by ADAC in Europe, based on crash testing performance.

I was pretty impressed by the Monterey-in-little-bitty-pieces thread when I saw the metal reinforcement bars :thumbsup: It's not the best for itty bitty kids, but I :love: that seat.

ADS

mrs_teeee67

Yay! I've been really wondering if I made the right choice.

Now, I'm even MORE excited for my 'not-in-itty-bitty-pieces' one to arrive. It's scheduled for delivery on Monday. :)

kphil

That's encouraging. I felt a little less secure with it after watching the crash test videos of it on that Finnish site, so this news is really nice to hear.

emandbri

That is great! I really like how Benjamin fits in it. Sorry, I haven't updated my siggy, too cold to take a picture!

InternationalMama

I'm not totally excited about this news. The Monterey in Europe is rated for use from 15kg (33 lbs) and in most countries in Europe they booster very young so it is entirely possible that kids that size will be sitting in the seat. I think there are better choices for boosters for itty bitty kids and I worry that the ADAC rating will make parents choose it who would have been better off with something else for their 15kg kiddo.

Oh well. I guess it's nice news for Americans using the seat for children of a more appropriate size.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's rated from 30 pounds here in the US. And regular folks do use them from that size (and actually 'close enough' at like 2 and 20-something pounds seems to be a popular time to start booster use. :( )

Anywho, yay for Sunshine Kids :)

InternationalMama

It's rated from 30 pounds here in the US. And regular folks do use them from that size (and actually 'close enough' at like 2 and 20-something pounds seems to be a popular time to start booster use. :( )

Anywho, yay for Sunshine Kids :)

Thanks for the info. Yes, yay for Sunshine Kids! Now if they would just bring the Radian to Europe. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC