Radian XT vs Radian Premier

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Amber, no issue. I install our XT by seatbelt.

And unless either the vehicle or carseat manufacturer prohibits the use of a rf carseat in the position with the fold down armrest, then it's ok to install it there.

ADS

Amber Bamber

Amber, no issue. I install our XT by seatbelt.

And unless either the vehicle or carseat manufacturer prohibits the use of a rf carseat in the position with the fold down armrest, then it's ok to install it there.

OK, so I should be safe to order one Radian then, right? I mean...$300+ is an awful lot of money to risk losing out on!

As for the bolded, I'm wondering why I was told differently by the car seat tech then? Maybe they just dumb it down so that no one installs it in the center position when it shouldn't be? I'd have had DS in the center position (if not explicitly prohibited by the car seat or car manufacturer) since it's the safest position in the car! :mad:

QuassEE

I'm wondering why I was told differently by the car seat tech then?

Unfortunately, a lot of techs aren't up to date and don't have all the information. It's actually impossible TO know everything there is to know about all of the carseats and all of the vehicles out there. This is why we have manuals.

The tech was incorrect, in your situation, but it used to be that Evenflo did not permit installing a RF restraint in front of the flip-down armrests. It sounds like that tech may have heard that somewhere along the way, and somehow applied it to all carseats.

-Nicole.

Amber Bamber

Unfortunately, a lot of techs aren't up to date and don't have all the information. It's actually impossible TO know everything there is to know about all of the carseats and all of the vehicles out there. This is why we have manuals.

The tech was incorrect, in your situation, but it used to be that Evenflo did not permit installing a RF restraint in front of the flip-down armrests. It sounds like that tech may have heard that somewhere along the way, and somehow applied it to all carseats.

-Nicole.

So I can install my Marathons RFing in the center position in both my vehicles? And the Radians as well?

(I don't have an owners manual for the Sonata...bought it used. I'll check the Allure's tomorrow.)

QuassEE

So I can install my Marathons RFing in the center position in both my vehicles? And the Radians as well?

(I don't have an owners manual for the Sonata...bought it used. I'll check the Allure's tomorrow.)

Assuming you can get a suitable install in that seating position, yes. Flippable armrests generally cannot even move once a seat is snugged up against it. In fact--the centre seating position, assuming you get a good install, is safer as it's further away from possible compartment intrusions in a side impact collision.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

No fibs, it works in the centre rf in a KIA Magentis with seatbelt :)

P1030592.jpg

Amber Bamber

OK, so I bit the bullet and ordered ONE Sunshine Radian XT in Ventura from Dear Born Baby! :D I took advantage of the free shipping and ordered a potty for my little guy too! (Though he doesn't seem anywhere near ready for that...)

dogmelissa

Even used vehicles are supposed to include their manual, I actually thought that was law. But anyhow, you can order one from a dealership - they're not that expensive but IMO, very important to have.
Or you can try contacting them through their website: Hyundai Canada to get one.

Good luck!
Melissa

Amber Bamber

Even used vehicles are supposed to include their manual, I actually thought that was law. But anyhow, you can order one from a dealership - they're not that expensive but IMO, very important to have.
Or you can try contacting them through their website: Hyundai Canada to get one.

Good luck!
Melissa

Yeah, we bought the car from our Hyundai mechanic. I'm going to have DH call him tonight to see about getting a manual. He might be able to find us one that's just lying around the office somewhere. I tried to find an online version last night but just kept going around in circles! You'd think they'd be online somewhere, wouldn't you?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC