So angry - new carseat is 1 year old!

mommy_quigg

I bought Aaron a SK Monterey booster. It just arrived today and it was made exactly 1 year ago. It has a 6 year expiry so it only has 5 years left. I'm so fuming mad. This is the THIRD time Dear Born Baby has pissed me off. I'm never shopping there again. I need to send them an email but I can barely think, I'm seeing red. (not just over this, I'm just so mad at this company). I know some of you have sent emails in this situation and gotten results, would you be willing to share with me what you said?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That's the 2009 model, and I think that's reflected in the 44% discount.

I wasn't sure what model year it was, but the 44% discount led me to believe it was a closeout. Seats on sale often have older expiration dates.

That said...Does the Monterey really only have a 6-year expiration?

Mirandagrate

I COMPLETELY understand your frustration.... Albeebaby.com pulled that with me. NOTHING on their advertisment said I was buying almost 2 YEAR OLD SEATS!!! Then, after complaining several times about it the ONLY thing they did was change their advertising to show the year... made me soooo mad :mad::mad:

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Albee Baby did it to me to! My Como was 2.5 years old when I got it! Good thing I hated it, so now its sitting in storage, wishing it had a new owner!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I wasn't sure what model year it was, but the 44% discount led me to believe it was a closeout. Seats on sale often have older expiration dates.

That said...Does the Monterey really only have a 6-year expiration?

It is six years, and the 2010s have different piping on the covers.

mommy_quigg

The manufacture date is 2009-01-08. Yes, it makes sense NOW that it's on sale, but they should state that it's so old. If I return it, I have to pay what they paid in shipping. Then I have to find another seat for him. Argh. I so had my heart set on this seat and this is so disappointing. :mad:

ZephyrBlue

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the seat would depriciate in value by close to 17% per year, and it's only 1 year old. So you got a 44% discount instead of 17%, which is what the seat would technically be "worth". (That's using the calculation that everyone recommends to figure out lifespan/worth of a seat) Still a heck of a deal :)

Evolily

You got a really good sale. The seat did not depreciate in value 44% in one year. Honestly, it's a hazard of buying a seat on sale that you'll get an older one. One year isn't that bad compared to some of the stories I've heard of people receiving seats 2+ years old.

mommy_quigg

Thanks everyone. I sent them an email asking to exchange it for a newer one if they have any in stock. If there's no newer ones, then I'll just keep it. It is still a very good booster and with him being so young, I want him in a good one. He's only even in it because he's outgrowing his Radian, and I won't put him in it until the Radian is completely outgrown.

Hi KayCee!

Kat_Momof3

I honestly wouldn't worry about it... it's discounted... even without a discount, most seats are not going to be a lot newer when you order them... and might even be older if you buy them in an actual store... simply because it's all about how often they have to replenish their stock of the item.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC