We got our Parkway SG today!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It's nice, I like it. I can't see my van through all the snow so these are just basic inside pics, sorry. Maybe if we brave the weather tomorrow I can get pics, but since DH is working all day, probably not then either. :) AJ liked the head wings. He said he'd sleep a lot better at night if we could turn the booster into a bed! The headrest has 5 spots after the lowest and he was on spot 2 so LOTS of room left to grow in it. I tried Ilana in it and she had to be on click 1 so bottom is for 14" torso and under if I had to guess. AJ is about 18" as he's about out of his GN.

My favorite feature so far is that I can pick it up and the back doesn't detach from the bottom. Is that sad that I think that's awesome, lol.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/carseatqueen/Britax/Parkway SG/

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

ADS

MomToEliEm

Looks like a great seat. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Since you have the seat handy and not installed yet in your car, do you think you could get some measurements/info off the seat and submit that info into the new measurements spreadsheet? We don't have any data yet entered for that booster seat.
Form to enter the data for dedicated booster seats:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE6MA
Dedicated Booster Seat Spreadsheet Summary:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Agz99-M7a5EedHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE&hl=en

4boysmom

How's it for hip room? I am finding my 70ish and maybe 55ish pounder have pretty much no hip room/room to get belt under over under clicked. Doesn't help I am dealing with 2 sgs in a 3 across ;) But either way they aren't making it anywhere near 120 pounds.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'll have him sit in it again and see. He was not happy to be dragged away from Mario Kart. ;)

Yes, I'll find our tape measure and take some measurements.

todzwife

Looks like a great seat. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Since you have the seat handy and not installed yet in your car, do you think you could get some measurements/info off the seat and submit that info into the new measurements spreadsheet? We don't have any data yet entered for that booster seat.
Form to enter the data for dedicated booster seats:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE6MA
Dedicated Booster Seat Spreadsheet Summary:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Agz99-M7a5EedHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE&hl=en

yes please please! This is the front runner for my 6 year old when he outgrows the Radian :)

steph_s

How's it for hip room? I am finding my 70ish and maybe 55ish pounder have pretty much no hip room/room to get belt under over under clicked. Doesn't help I am dealing with 2 sgs in a 3 across ;) But either way they aren't making it anywhere near 120 pounds.

I have called Britax about this issue and they said they are talking to the engineers of the seat. I have the same issue with my 6yo in the seat. I think if the "arm rests" were a hair longer it would work better. When I go to buckle him by the time I get the sg clip hooked I have to go back and about 50% of the time put the lap belt back under the arm rest. Not a huge deal and my 6yo can do it himself, but it's a tad annoying! BTW: my nephew who is about 90lbs uses my sg as a backless in my car (he has a short torso and doesn't pass the 5 step test) doesn't seem to have an issue with it sliding out from under the arm rests at all and fits rather nicely in it without the back!

Other than that I :love: the seat! I have tried just about every other booster and it's the only one that meets our needs!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
He's not overly thrilled b/c he wanted an Oobr, lol. I told him he had to earn it though and sit nicely in this one for a year and then we'll talk Oobr maybe. ;) He seemed excited about the slide guard part though, kind of like it was a step down from a harness but a cautious one. He likes caution. lol He does really like the wings though.

Thank you c-s.org blog, I forgot that in my original post! We wouldn't have this booster w/out you! Thanks!

family5oregon

First of GREAT pix.

I was wondering if you could take a pix of the bottom of the SG, I have been looking and can find what I'm looking for.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We tried it last night and it worked out really well. He looked great in it. For some reason I feel better about moving him to a booster after seeing him in it. :) I did have to lengthen the slide guard part as far as it would go, I need to check the manual again to make sure that's right. I didn't get any pics since it was dark out, but soon. It's supposed to be 35 here on Tuesday! Woohoo!

emandbri

Aw, both our boys are in boosters. :crying:

Benjamin is now 52 lbs and 49 inches, they have always been so similar!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
He really shot up lately didn't he? He's taller than AJ now. :) I tightened the SG back up and then loosened it some again, lol. I can't seem to find the spot I'm happy w/. I think I need to loosen it up a bit more again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC