Question Is this ok??

dawnp15

So i won the Sunshine kids contest on FB and got a new Flora XTSL. I just got it in the mail 2 days ago, and today i put my LO's in it to take some pics. I havn't installed it in my car yet and havn't adjusted the headwings at all. I've only adjusted the harness, and when i did i noticed that a peice of EPS foam was broken off. It came off of the headwing peice and i took some pics to show. Is this ok?? Should i ask them to send me a new peice since it hasn't even been used yet?? I guess i don't know if it came to me broken, or if something happened when i took it out of the box???

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

And just for fun :love:
DSCF2078.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

emthecountrycat

i would call up skjp and tell them about it. i would guess it came that way, cause i just got one i couldn't imagine it happening unless you were EXTRA ruff and was hitting it.

amyd

OMG, I just wanna squeeze those cheeks:D

I don't think you could have broken that off taking it out of the box unless you stood on a ladder & shook it out onto the driveway or something similarly violent:p I'd call SK...I wouldn't be happy with a brand new seat having a big chunk of EPS missing.

dawnp15

OMG, I just wanna squeeze those cheeks:D

LOL!!! She had just woke up from a nap and has that staring off in no where look!!! I think she was confused as to why we were playing carseats LOL!!!

Where can i get the # to call them????

dawnp15

I called and she asked me to take some pics and email them, so i did and i'm waiting to hear back now. Is SKJP really good when it comes to customer service??? I'm just not sure what to expect i guess.....

dawnp15

Well Russ called me back and said that i could just glue the peice back on, and that of course there's no safty risk to it being cracked. And if i wanted they would send me and new seat and i could send this back. I told him that i would just glue it back on, but part of me is just a little sad that it's a pretty brad spanken new seat, and it's broken :(. I just don't want to go through the hassle of returning the old one and waiting for a new one, or do you think i should return it....ahhh help LOL!!!

dawnp15

So i just got a call back from SKJP and talked to Kristin and she said that she talked to Russ and they decided to just get me a new seat :thumbsup:. That way i have a new seat that i don't have to try to mess with and glue YAY!!! I really wanted a new one i guess, but just didn't want to tell them that LOL!! It kinda makes me feel like they knew that for some reason :confused: :whistle:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Kristin has been a boat load of no help to us. I need to e-mail her again about my stickers! That's good that they're helping you though.

I forgot to mention your adorable baby! Be sure to post that on the SKJP FB page if you haven't yet!

jujumum

Gypsy was one of the first to get an XT, and that happened to hers, too. They sent her a new seat.

IMO, it is a flaw in the design. As you can see in your pic - when the headrest is in the lowest setting, the EPS foam goes over the top harness slots by about 1/2". It is only natural that it breaks off. The bottom of the EPS should match the bottom of the grey plastic in your pic.

Adorable model, btw, and awesome that you won a seat!!

Kat_Momof3

well, it wasn't Kristen who made the decision, was it?? It was Russ, who (while a bit overly in love with his brand's seats) is a pretty nice guy for the most part.

I would definitely want a new seat because it came that way... if you'd somehow done it by accident yourself, you know you are allowed to duct tape/glue eps foam back together and I doubt you'd be asking the question here. I'm glad they made that decision for you... cause while I know it's a hassle, you shouldn't have to deal with a brand new seat that isn't pristine.

and congrats on winning!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC