Complete Air Issues

swtgi1982

Anyone have issues with the latch on this not staying put? It was installed RF in my van for my DD (32lbs, 3.5yr, 37in) She rode in it twice for a short distance and when I picked her up from school today I had to pull over out of the pick up line and reinstall, which ended up being FF as I was not going to argue with the vehicle belt being fed through that narrow slot in a busy parking lot with three screaming fighting kids! Any suggestions am I doing something wrong? I want to get it back in RF ASAP.

Last edited:
ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
?? Are you sayig the Latch seemed to loosen up over time, making the seat in too loosely?
If so, I do have teht hapen in my car a lot...it is my poofy seats......a seat can be in totally tight, i mean rock solid, and then a fwe days later, it's loose as heck because my seats cushions compress or something and I have to tighten it back up. This can alsohappen if using pool nodles, because the foam compresses, and you have to retighten.

Or are you saying your latch straps aren't locking or are coming completely loose?

swtgi1982

?? Are you sayig the Latch seemed to loosen up over time, making the seat in too loosely?
If so, I do have teht hapen in my car a lot...it is my poofy seats......a seat can be in totally tight, i mean rock solid, and then a fwe days later, it's loose as heck because my seats cushions compress or something and I have to tighten it back up. This can alsohappen if using pool nodles, because the foam compresses, and you have to retighten.

Or are you saying your latch straps aren't locking or are coming completely loose?

It seems they are not locking, yes! DD sits in it once or twice and it comes really really loose! I could actually yesterday lift the seat up off the bench. I do not have troubles with any of my other seat with latch, just this one. After one ride/ 24hr of being installed the seat lifts a good inch off the seat at the belt path. scary! I may just end up using vehicle belt as I have had no issues with that in the past.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Strange - I haven't had any issues when I had my CA installed with LATCH - though it's in with seatbelt and a locking clip right now to allow me to have a Nautilus in beside it.

One thing I have found with the LATCH strap is that sometimes it seems like all the slack is pulled out, but there is some still on the other side of the seat - it's just not obvious when first checking for movement unless you also put your finger under the LATCH strap and check to see if it's tight. The 3in1 seats which I've seen a ton of are bad for this too, which is how I got in the habit of twinging the belt to make sure there wasn't slack hiding. Nothing more annoying and worrisome than a seat seeming tight, but then realizing there's a little slack hiding and then wondering why the heck it didn't show up when first checking for movement. :rolleyes: So maybe this is what's happening to you?

swtgi1982

Define 'staying put'.

What vehicle?

Are you using a pool noodle?

It moves like three inches at the belt path, and will pick up off the seat and inch or two at the belt path. No noodle, just installed RF in third row of 01 Dodge caravan. It did not move at all when installed. I did check for slack under the padding as well I just was looking to see if it was twisted as sometimes it has done that to me when tightening it.

DahliaRW

I do not have this issue with the CA and mine is installed with LATCH. I would call safetyfirst and demand a replacement seat or latch thingy. I'm guessing it might be defective.

swtgi1982

I do not have this issue with the CA and mine is installed with LATCH. I would call safetyfirst and demand a replacement seat or latch thingy. I'm guessing it might be defective.

I will call them I will just use vehicle belt until I get done with them.

Why do I always get the defective seats ????

First the nautilus now this! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC