New Combi and Evenflo seats! (pics)

L

LuciaBella

Went to BRU yesterday and saw these two new seats in the store. The first is the new Evenflo serenade. It RF to 35lbs, but you still need the handle down which is a pain. It seems to be closer to the shell than the discover/embrace ones, so thats good. Chest clip is so much smaller than it used to be so thats good also. Crotch strap is just super duper short. Bella has about 1.5 inches left until she outgrows it height wise. The little "side wings" things are just pillows that are removable.
IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

This one is the new Combi shuttle33. I'm actually REALLY impressed. The height on the highest slot is at LEAST 11 inches, so this one will be good for taller kiddos. She has about 4 inches above her head. When I first saw it, there were only 2 harness slots and I though this was some kind of joke. Then I looked at the back and it has this knob thing similar to the flex loc babytrend seat where it actually moves the whole headpiece up. Very handy!

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

babyherder

What a cutie! I love the pic of her pointing her finger at you.

The seats are nice too. I like the combi seat. I'm not a fan of the red tabs at the shoulders on evenflo seats. Just doesn't seem very secure to me. Too easy for them to just move on their own. I'm sure they're just as safe as anything else. I'm aware this is just a weird problem in my brain, not an actual safety risk.

monstah

Repped you! :)

Do you happen to know how much room she has left in a SS1 or KF? Just trying to get a better idea of the shell height.

Cryssy Jane

Which BRU did you go to? I haven't seen those around here yet. Cool beans! I misses little bella. Gotta love the glare in the last serenade picture though.

crunchierthanthou

This one is the new Combi shuttle33. I'm actually REALLY impressed. The height on the highest slot is at LEAST 11 inches, so this one will be good for taller kiddos. She has about 4 inches above her head. When I first saw it, there were only 2 harness slots and I though this was some kind of joke. Then I looked at the back and it has this knob thing similar to the flex loc babytrend seat where it actually moves the whole headpiece up. Very handy!

Yup, 8 notches and 2 slots for 16 total positions. Plus, the 1" rule is in relation to the headrest, so it has the potential to last quite a long time. :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oooooooh. Wonder if I can convince my husband to take a field trip to play soon. (If I do I'll bring a measuring tape and kids and/or dolls to put in the seats!)

xursusmaritimusx

Which BRU did you go to? I haven't seen those around here yet. Cool beans! I misses little bella. Gotta love the glare in the last serenade picture though.

im assuming the south center one... i've played with them there ;)

LuciaBella you didnt happen to encounter one of the BRU sales people in the car seat area named mitchell did you?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Great! I have pics of Olivia in the Serenade too but I can't get them off my phone onto the computer, lol. She SS1 shell is slightly higher than the Serenade. If I could get the pics off I would show the comparison.

AnnieW625

Thank you for posting those. I quickly looked at the Evenflo seat, but thought that the shell was a little small looking for a 35 lbs seat (at least compared to the Snugride 35 it was next to. I didn't even look at the Combi, but that one does look nice. How old is the baby in those seats?

We are looking for something that will get #2 until at least 12 mos. in the infant seat, DD barely made it to 7 mos. in our Snugride.

menfusse

I'm loving the Combi! What are your dd's stats? Do you know her torso/and seated height including head? Trying to get an idea of how tall that shell really is.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I stopped at BRU today. I don't know what is up with ours but no Combi shuttle at all and no Maestro either. I wanted to see both. Oh well.

I did see the Serenade. It's nice enough but didn't wow me by any means. A big step up from their other seats, though. The one thing I did notice was that the lowest harness setting was really really low. I know their other seats fit tiny babies well as well. I didn't have a measuring tape but it seems like it would fit a preemie really really well.

Kat_Momof3

thank you for posting these! I think we have a new seat to recommend in the long lasting category!

did you note if the bottom slots were nice and short? it might beat out the snugride 35 and tie with the chicco keyfit 30 if it has the typical combi infant seat short bottom slots.

L

LuciaBella

What a cutie! I love the pic of her pointing her finger at you.

The seats are nice too. I like the combi seat. I'm not a fan of the red tabs at the shoulders on evenflo seats. Just doesn't seem very secure to me. Too easy for them to just move on their own. I'm sure they're just as safe as anything else. I'm aware this is just a weird problem in my brain, not an actual safety risk.

Yeah, sometimes I ask her where the camera is and she points and smiles, so its the only way she will smile sometimes!
Yeah I don't like the evenflo tabs either, but I am impressed with this seat!

2mykids: here's the link where I posted pics with Bella in like every single seat. http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=104964

Crystal: Bella misses you too. And Odin! So does Lucia. Lets get together next week.

xursusmaritimusx: I went to Lynnwood. There was no Mitchell there at all, why?

Menfusse: Bella is my nanny kid. She is 23 months, 25lbs and I don't know how tall she is. She's tiny though.

Tanya: Yeah I agree, they are soooo low! I didn't take note of the minimum weight limit, it might be 5 which sucks for preemies, but the slots are so super low! I would say 4 inches. It's ridiculous.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC