What would you do? To go and booster or not go period ?

mburks26

My mom is getting married again for the 3rd time in Feb. My husband can not take off of work to go as they are behind on work becuase of the weather. He will need our truck. Its a 6 hr drive to where my mom lives. My grandma is going and the only car they have is the 2000 TransAm. I can not get the GN to intall right in that car I get no side to side movement but I do get front to back and not sure if its less then an inch or not. If I pull the base away from the bite of the seat it hangs over a small ammount and then its rock solid. With the GN hang over is not allowed. I do test it by standing in front of the seat both hands one on each side of the belt path and pull toward me. ( I have heard differnt ways to test I did post about this last yr and techs said that this is not an acceptable install.) I cant get it checked by a tech theres none in the area and even if I could get it checked and it still wasnt a proper install I would still have this issue.

I cant get another seat at this time (the only thing she could fit is the Frontier or possible the Truefit aand who knows if either will install anyway) as dh work as been slow becuase of the weather short paychecks plus a huge power bill not a good mix. I wanted a RSTV before the next time dd was in the TranAm but its not gonna happen.

At the time she will be e 4 and 8 months and shes is over 45 lbs. She has ridden in a Recaro Vivo for about 30 mins at the most with a locked belt and does fine. The belts on the TransAm are locking latch plate no way to lock the belt for booster use.

Would you go to the wedding and use the booster or not go at all.

Giving my dh the TransAm and us using the Truck is a no go dh needs the truck for work. Renting another car for 4 days is more then getting another seat.

ADS

steph_s

Does he have any friends from work who can pick him up/ drop him off for a few days? Are you sitting next to her? If I was sitting right there next to the child I would be ok with an almost 5yo in the vivo (because it gives good belt fit) and is over 40lbs. I'm not sure that a vivo will solve the problem though. The TA has weird bucket style seats and the vivo may not fit on those seats any better than the Nauti does. It may not sit back onto the seat back properly. The only things I've gotten in the back of a TA is seats with bases like the triumph, marathon, ect.

Kat_Momof3

because it is your MOTHER who is getting married (not some random extended relative or friend... aka... immediate/close relatives or a bff I totally get needing to be there), I would use the booster and go.

I would sit next to her in the car, though, for peace of mind.

mburks26

Does he have any friends from work who can pick him up/ drop him off for a few days? Are you sitting next to her? If I was sitting right there next to the child I would be ok with an almost 5yo in the vivo (because it gives good belt fit) and is over 40lbs. I'm not sure that a vivo will solve the problem though. The TA has weird bucket style seats and the vivo may not fit on those seats any better than the Nauti does. It may not sit back onto the seat back properly. The only things I've gotten in the back of a TA is seats with bases like the triumph, marathon, ect.

No he has to have the truck to pull the trailer for work that week and his mom wrecked her truck a few months back and its not going to be fixed by then.
I have gotten a Cargo in there and it worked perfect but shes over the weight limit if they only went to 47lbs she still fits in height wise and less then 47lbs.

The vivo should fit as it fits our 95 civic that is totally broke down not driveable and dont have the extra funds to make it driveable. It has bucket seats as well. The GN does fit all the way back against the seat in the TA I just think because of the female end of the buckle is forward of the seat bite it wont stay tight front to back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC