Maxi Cosi Rodi?

bigteamug

Does anybody have this booster or experience with it? I need a booster for 3 across, and wondered if this was narrow enough to work, or might puzzle well. I'm having a hard time finding info on it. The colors are pretty, but the price...:eek: I also wonder how stable it is, it looks to be raised up on a base - seems like that could make it tippy.

ETA: I know about the headrest requirements, we have a 05 prius so we do have headrests.

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Does anybody have this booster or experience with it? I need a booster for 3 across, and wondered if this was narrow enough to work, or might puzzle well. I'm having a hard time finding info on it. The colors are pretty, but the price...:eek: I also wonder how stable it is, it looks to be raised up on a base - seems like that could make it tippy.

ETA: I know about the headrest requirements, we have a 05 prius so we do have headrests.

I'd go with the XR, not the plain Rodi, it's the newest generation and IIHS deems it to fit their dummy better (so probably more likely to fit a kid better in real life...). I don't think it's narrow, though. Other seats are up on a base (really, 'skis' to make it fit curvy seats better) and they aren't tippy, so I wouldn't worry about that. The backrest is pretty short, about 19", like the Turbo (compared to 21ish inches of the Monterey and Parkway, which I think the Parkway may be one of the narrowest choices).
:)

bigteamug

Well, I keep coming back to the parkway. I may have to wait until the sale in February - hopefully the pink one goes on sale as well.....sounds like the Rodi's aren't too tall anyways.

I suppose the other option would be to order the rodi XR and the parkway from elitecarseats with the return insurance and then return one (hopefully not both...). And hide both from DH until I settle on one of them....

Thanks Julie!

Kat_Momof3

remember, all the maxi cosi boosters, like all dorel boosters (maxi cosi is owned by dorel) does not have the headrest reinforced for safety... it is outgrown like a backless booster, even when using the back.

I have the page from the manual on my photobucket that I can post!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC