Seatbelt problem

cpsaddict

DH has a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. It has the lightweight locking latch plates:)thumbsdown:Hate those) and I somehow managed to break off the plastic piece that slides down on the middle buckle. I am assuming it is unsafe for anyone to ride there now? Does anyone know is this is a replaceable piece? I am not too concerned with carseats there, as all our seats have lockoffs and I know how to use a locking clip, but DH transports teenagers to competitions, etc. and needs the middle seat. Suggestions?

ADS

Maedze

*removed incorrect info*

If you're not using it for car seats, it doesn't matter whether it locks or not. The retractor will lock in an accident for an adult passenger.

P

poonamt93

My daughter did the same thing. We got her a new car seat with a more complex upper buckle. She's had it for about a month now and has not been able to figure it out yet. The kind we had before was a push the sides kind of release. The one she's in now slides sideways and you have to press the button down and slide it out at the same time. She hasn't gotten it yet. You might try that for your little one. While I have no doubt that she will eventually figure it out, doing this might stall for time so she has time to get a bit bigger. Usually using the seat belt (with a booster seat) is 40 lbs and 36 in.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC