VA residents, where would you like to meet?

Where do you want to go>

• Busch Gardens/Water Country USA

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Colonial Williamsburg

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kings Dominion

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • VA Beach

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yorktown Beach

• Richmond zoo

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (Richmond)

• DC zoo

• something in the mountains

• Smithsonian in DC

• Total voters
ADS

skaterbabs

Only a couple of them are close to me - it's 4 hours to Va Beach. I ran out of options (you can only list ten) so suggest alternates. ;)

Simplysomething

What time period are you talking about?
The theme parks aren't going to be open until at least March, and they won't be open-open til, I think May.

Me, I probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere outside of this region (from va beach to say...bg/cw), but I'd look forward to reading about it afterward. :)

skaterbabs

There are lots of things we could do whenever, maybe even as soon as Easter Break, just because the big parks (BG/KD, ect) aren't open until late spring doesn't mean there aren't cool things to do. If there isn't something close to you on the list, suggest something. Those are just the ones I'm most familiar with, and there were only ten slots for options.

Patriot - you can borrow mine whenever you like. ;) lol

Since I'm in the HR area, I'd be open to basically any of the options within about 30-50 miles of here. Anything more than that would make it unlikely on a weekend, since Dh works mids and I'd have to drag all six kiddos along, and impossible on a weekday since I'd need to be back when the kids got home from school. :(

I went ahead and voted for CW.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I didn't vote! I guess I could do about anyplace, depending on what day it was... I'm up for a road trip :)

SPJ&E

I'll be in Charlottesville in March and then again sometime around April (depends on when they want to do Joshua's surgery). Are any of those places close to there? Sorry, I'm not a big traveler, so I have no idea what's near what!

skaterbabs

Charlottesville is a couple of hours From Richmond, but is certainly do-able for a day trip. Dh does it all the time.

As far as dragging the kids along, I'd have to bring my crew for anything on a weekend too, so we probably want to plan something family-oriented.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just HAD to vote Richmond Zoo.... it's about 5 minutes from my house :D. It also has a huge parking lot, so we could all install each others seats for added entertainment, lol.

Morganthe

Apologies for butting in, but I'm hoping on visiting Busch Gardens/Williamsburg sites (as a sort of reward ;) ) after a 2 week stint with the NJ in-laws sometime in June, so if you're meeting up that time in that area, I might be able to sneak an hour or two away from DH & DD :D

Simplysomething

I apologize for everything being Hampton Roads area, with the exception of the Richmond Zoo.

Bush Gardens prices for group tickets are 47/40. Regular price is 55/48.
Kings Dominion it depends . But they regularly have the thingy where you can get really discounted tickets if you buy in advance.

Richmond Zoo seems to be about 10 bucks for adults, 7 for children.

Colonial Williamsburg is free to walk through, but you can't go into some of the buildings without getting a pass. They also charge for parking now AND it's hot.

There is also the Virginia Living Museum in Newport News.

The Virginia Aquarium in Virginia Beach (did that used to be the virginia marine science museum?)

Seems like a lot of places might be cost prohibative, especially if someone has more than one child.

My nephew says there is some place with go-karts on the peninsula. Darned if I can remember the name of it.

Perhaps large free park sort of thing? (Wanna visit a mound of garbage? Come on, they have a swing set! )

Parks...
Hey,
Portsmouth has a nifty city park. Right behind a nifty graveyard! Would be really nifty if they got Pokey Smokey up in running again, but oh wel
l.
Suffolk has a couple of parks... Sleepy Hole Park...(which I think is actually owned by Portsmouth, or something)...and there are playgrounds.

But hardly anything anyone would be willing to drive more than a few minutes to see.

Chesapeake...has parks, I'm sure. I know of Deep Creek Lock Park...

Oh, you could come visit the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge...(Which, despite living quite close, I've never visited. I've got mosquitoes right here..I don't know why I'd want to go visit them in their natural habitat.)

Hehe. I should go nap.

Last edited:

broken4u05

Hey if we can make in down can Marylanders come? My family lives in Richmond so i whould have somewhere to stay. I think it would be cool to meet others even thought i am kinda new hear.

Dawn

Keep in mind anything in the Williamsburg area will be overcrowded this year. The huge anniversary of Jamestown is this spring. We are flexible on location if date and times work out for us.
Busch Gardens opens for weekends as of the end of March.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Keep in mind anything in the Williamsburg area will be overcrowded this year. The huge anniversary of Jamestown is this spring. We are flexible on location if date and times work out for us.
Busch Gardens opens for weekends as of the end of March.

Oooo... We can't do the last weekend in March - we have tickets for "Go Diego Go"... :D

Morganthe

Thanks sooooooo much for the link to the "Virginia Living Museum" in Newport News! :D I used to go there occasionally in the late '80s when I was stationed at Andrews AFB. I LOVED IT! So peaceful. And I think it was under a slightly different name back then. I was hoping to find it still open to take my dd & dh there this early summer. I can still remember how to get there, but not the name :rolleyes: Wierd memory :p
Thanks again, I really really appreciate it :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks sooooooo much for the link to the "Virginia Living Museum" in Newport News! :D I used to go there occasionally in the late '80s when I was stationed at Andrews AFB. I LOVED IT! So peaceful. And I think it was under a slightly different name back then. I was hoping to find it still open to take my dd & dh there this early summer. I can still remember how to get there, but not the name :rolleyes: Wierd memory :p
Thanks again, I really really appreciate it :)

Wow! That's a hike from Andrews to Newport News! Yikes! :)

Morganthe

Wow! That's a hike from Andrews to Newport News! Yikes! :)

LOL -- I've always had a wandering soul. I didn't want to be stationed there in the first place, so I made do :D I was always heading out of the area at a moment's notice. One time I drove north to Quebec via Niagra Falls & Montreal (that was with my 1st spouse -- the only time we didn't argue was when we were on the road :rolleyes: ) Another time, I drove alone all the way down to the Florida Keys via the backroads along the coast. It was a very relaxing trip, especially since it was a very mild January.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC