How do you keep your LO from loosening the harness adjuster while in motion?

plasticspaceman

My daughter has figured out that:
1. she can reach the front harness adjuster, and
2. she can make the straps looser without mama knowing it.

What do I do? Get a new car seat? We looked at the Generations booster with the side wheel, but what's to keep her from pushing the button on the front?

:thumbsdown:

ADS

Mae

You can get a piece of velcro and stick the scratchy side on the flap. Kids hate velcro.

You could also temporarily hand sew (or safety pin) the fabric flap so that the hole to reach inside is a bit smaller, making it harder (or impossible) for her to get it.

What car seat is it? Britax has a free "trainer" set for this very problem. It's a plastic guard that makes it so the lever is only accessible from below. Here are some pictures of the "trainer set": http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=181635&postcount=5 -- You can click on the photos to see them larger.

:)

Mae

Also- Depending on how old she is, I know some people have showed their chidren who loosen straps what would happen in a crash with loose straps.

Bring the seat inside, buckle DD in, with good tight straps. Tilt the seat to show what would happen in an accident.
Then, buckle DD in but with LOOSE straps. Tilt the seat around. She should move around a bit, which may frighten her.

This may keep her from touching the harness. I know others have said it works. ;)

plasticspaceman

She's 22 months and speech delayed...so explaining the consequences are probably not going to do much good. It is a Britax... how do I get the trainer kit?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC