Price Check How much should I charge for my used Phil and Teds stroller?

mamabear

I thought I'd ask here in case anyone ever priced out used ones.

Mine is a DOM July 2005 (4.5 years old). It's red and grey. Includes the doubles kit and all original accessories, as well as the recall parts which are wheel well covers and some hinge covers. New canopy and footwell/underbasket (less than a year of limited use for each)the main seat and doubles seat have some wear/dinginess, but nothing bad. The front bumper bar is a little bent on one end so it doesn't "click" in, but stays in. All in all it's in pretty good shape of a 5 year old stroller.:eek:

I wanted to ask $175 for all, my sister just about had a cow and said I was giving it away. The whole "system" apparently costs like $600 new????

I have an acquaintance who is interested in buying it ( a friend of a friend) and I don't want to rip her off, but I don't want to get wiped out either

ADS

mamabear

Oh darn, I see this has been moved from chat.

Just to clarify, I'm not selling this stroller here, just trying to get an accurate price to ask this:)

vangelder03

I thought I'd ask here in case anyone ever priced out used ones.

Mine is a DOM July 2005 (4.5 years old). It's red and grey. Includes the doubles kit and all original accessories, as well as the recall parts which are wheel well covers and some hinge covers. New canopy and footwell/underbasket (less than a year of limited use for each)the main seat and doubles seat have some wear/dinginess, but nothing bad. The front bumper bar is a little bent on one end so it doesn't "click" in, but stays in. All in all it's in pretty good shape of a 5 year old stroller.:eek:

I wanted to ask $175 for all, my sister just about had a cow and said I was giving it away. The whole "system" apparently costs like $600 new????

I have an acquaintance who is interested in buying it ( a friend of a friend) and I don't want to rip her off, but I don't want to get wiped out either

I sold my phil and teds double stroller for 350.00 on ksl i put it on and within an hour had over twenty calls 175 is way to low an amount

munchkin

I think $175 is way low, also. I had one I believe 2005 date, it was red, had the doubles seat, an extra seat skin for the front, the bar, and a parent console. It was in really good condition.

I sold it on Craigslist for $300 and had lots of interest.

ETA: I sold it around last Christmas.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You should sell it to me for $5.

J/K *smile*

Unless it's really grubby, you could probably about double what you're asking.

mamabear

well, for *MY* standards the seats are kind of dirty (and it won't wash out, I already cleaned the whole stroller, so what she sees is what she's getting), but that bothers some people more than others ya know?? I personally wouldn't pay more that say $200-225 ( wouldn't pay $300) if I was the one buying it (not selling it), but my standards are super high so I don't know if I'm being realistic.

Ugh, I think my friend my have already told her I wanted around $175 too:confused:

Is getting like $100 less than I could worth not having to put in on Craigslist??:p

mcomommy

For me it would be worth it, but I HATE putting stuff on there :eek:

I wanted one of those so bad but the back seat only goes to 33lbs and my kids have lead bones so it would not work for us :(

mamabear

I wanted one of those so bad but the back seat only goes to 33lbs and my kids have lead bones so it would not work for us :(

both DDs rode in the back well past that:p they fought over it. I think DD1 was like 45lbs still occasionally sitting in the back. The biggest problem is it would tip backwards if you let go of it.:eek:

mcomommy

both DDs rode in the back well past that:p they fought over it. I think DD1 was like 45lbs still occasionally sitting in the back. The biggest problem is it would tip backwards if you let go of it.:eek:

Really! Awesome . . . . hmmm. If your friend does not want it maybe I will buy it off you :p

Last edited:

mcomommy

Yeah, grew up in Northern California and am back now :love: About the price I thought you had it, you said you would not pay more than 225ish. I never sell things for more than I would pay for them, I end up feeling bad after if I do.

ETA if you do put it on Craigslist I would ask for about 50 more than you really want and then put obo. I get what I really wanted more often if I ask like that. I have been thinking about putting my BJCD on there but I really don't like doing it.

monstah

New canopy and footwell/underbasket

How much did you pay for the footwell? Ours is ripped pretty bad now. The company replaced the "main seat" many months ago free of charge because it was defective.

Our stroller is 3 years old and I would try to get $300 for mine. If yours is 4.5 years old, I think atleast $250 is very fair. If you only get $175, you would be getting ripped off. :twocents: That's one of the best features of a Phil & Teds stroller... it's resale value!

mamabear

$225 FIRM.

really??? even if it's kind of dingy and the bumper bar is bent?? Ugh...I don't know. I hate selling stuff. Whenever I say the price, I always wonder what's going through their head.:eek:

I feel kinda bad for this girl. She's a SAHM, and they live on a single teacher's salary. It isn't much for around here.But at the same time, I don't want to give it away YK???:eek:

mcomommy

really??? even if it's kind of dingy and the bumper bar is bent?? Ugh...I don't know. I hate selling stuff. Whenever I say the price, I always wonder what's going through their head.:eek:

I feel kinda bad for this girl. She's a SAHM, and they live on a single teacher's salary. It isn't much for around here.But at the same time, I don't want to give it away YK???:eek:

Can you barter with her some then? 175 + I don't know LOL Just throwing out ideas.

ZephyrBlue

If you post on the yahoo group StrollerSwap, those ladies are FANTASTIC about prices.

I had an 05 P&T with all the extras, and I resold mine for $375, but it was in perfect condition. Personally, I wouldn't pay over $200 for a dingy one with a bent bumper bar :eek:

mamabear

Personally, I wouldn't pay over $200 for a dingy one with a bent bumper bar :eek:

yeah, that's how I feel too. ;)

She bought it for $200 (that's what my friend told her apparently:))She thought it looked pretty new actually. I admitted on the phone to her it does have some wear, but maybe she was expecting worse?? Oh well, it's gone, that's all that matters:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC