LOL! My almost 4 year old said she wants to ride "the wrong way"

todzwife

I turned her at 2 1/2 because she started getting car sick, but she's been asking to ride "the wrong way" for about a month. She's still tiny enough that if I can somehow fit her new Radian in the car RFing, she could if she wanted to, but I don't know if she'd really like it or not.

So I let her try in the scenera and she giggled the whole way home (about 5 miles) saying "this is SO silly! I'm going the wrong way!"

So what do you think? Should I try it? :whistle:

ADS

Mae

I would. What's it going to hurt? :p:p

How old is she? She might not like it for long, but I'd keep her that way until she starts fighting.

karlatta

I'd totally do it. My son is a little over 3.5 and about the same size. He loves riding RF and does it any chance he can. (He normally rides FF, but if the Radian my youngest uses is empty, he climbs straight in there - they use the same harness heights.)

hboo22

My Jaylee is almost the same age as your little girl (she'll be 4 on the 24th) and unfortunately she just hit 35 lbs and all we have is a True Fit. If I could get a Radian, she would be rfing again!! She likes to ride "backwards"! :D

Mom2FiveGirls

I'd go for it! I just rearranged seats so my 4 year old could be RFing. She's been asking a lot lately and would ride in the RFing MR every time DD#5 wasn't with us and loved it! Her three big sisters are in the third row and she loves being able to interact with them.

autumnlily

My now 4 year old started begging to ride "backwards" (as in RF) a while back. At first, she always had fun... and then soon - as we are packing up the car, she would ask for me to change it back to FF. With a Radian, that is a bit of a hassle. Those trips were not so fun, because - I would not change it for her (traveling with 4 kids under 4 does not allow that luxury!).

She just hit the 33lb mark and outgrew all of my seats RF... but, I went and purchased a MyRide that is technically for her twin sisters - So, when room allows (only two other seats are occupied) then she gets to ride in it RF (otherwise she is FF in her Nautilus).

She continues to choose the MyRide over the Nautilus when it is just us traveling in the van. When she is in DH's car, she is in a Frontier and hasn't asked for a "backwards" seat for his vehicle.

babygirlsmom1005

Raising Hand to admit my daughter (over 4) is facing the "wrong way" as per her request and begging....

Had to buy a Radian XT for her to do it, but since we've gotten it, she hasn't faced the "right way" since (nor has requested to) :D

todzwife

My now 4 year old started begging to ride "backwards" (as in RF) a while back. At first, she always had fun... and then soon - as we are packing up the car, she would ask for me to change it back to FF. With a Radian, that is a bit of a hassle. Those trips were not so fun, because - I would not change it for her (traveling with 4 kids under 4 does not allow that luxury!).

She just hit the 33lb mark and outgrew all of my seats RF... but, I went and purchased a MyRide that is technically for her twin sisters - So, when room allows (only two other seats are occupied) then she gets to ride in it RF (otherwise she is FF in her Nautilus).

She continues to choose the MyRide over the Nautilus when it is just us traveling in the van. When she is in DH's car, she is in a Frontier and hasn't asked for a "backwards" seat for his vehicle.

That's where my hesitation comes in. The Radian requires the "safe stop" addition and changing the harness height is going to be a PITA while 22+ weeks pregnant (those dang seats are HEAVY!!) Oh, and removing the RFing boot!

mkmama

Raising Hand to admit my daughter (over 4) is facing the "wrong way" as per her request and begging....

Had to buy a Radian XT for her to do it, but since we've gotten it, she hasn't faced the "right way" since (nor has requested to) :D

Same here....I figured the Radian will just help DS2 and the one on the way stay RF that much longer when the time comes, so I went ahead and got it now since DS1 still has 4 lbs RF in it. He's been trying to climb into little brother's RF seat every time we get in the car.

Kat_Momof3

who DOESN'T like to ride backwards? There is a reason the rear of a station wagon was every kid's favorite spot... the caboose of the train...

Ruthie LOVED being rf and used to scream on the occasion she had to go ff... fortunately, she adjusted, but when she went back to rf after losing some weight at age 2, she climbed in and made me install it WITH HER IN IT (no worries, I knew I could do that and did it fine... latch and it being a Marathon made it easy peasy) and kept saying "thank you, thank you, thank you"

when she had to go ff the last time, I had to sneak and do it without her around... after she was asleep... and I had to explain that she was too big to sit the other way for about a month.

I'd let her... since you have a seat that will fit her that way.

todzwife

I'm not sure I CAN use the Radian RFing. I haven't tried it yet (will be here tomorrow) but apparently I can't have it touching the front seat...so I don't think it's going to be possible anyway.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC