Britax Regent Worries?

noahsmom24

Do I have anything to worry about with buying this car seat?
I've heard they failed 2 crash testings "I believe" and am just so confused at this point? I think t he seat would fit us best, Although I am still looking at the Nautilus. Then there is the Frontier which seems like a nice over all seat as well but I read about the seats with the cracks in the back???
:shrug-shoulders:

I know it's all a matter of personal opinion "preference" but what should I be aware of?
I need to buy a seat with in 2weeks.

Thanks!

ADS

Joyofbirth

We have one and love it. It's the only harnessed seat that fits my dd and she just turned 5. (I think she technically still fits in the GN, but her shoulders are really scrunched and she cries about it.) There's another thread on here that talks about the failed tests. I think they were discredited.

noahsmom24

Jessica - Thank you, it is always nice to have another moms opinion. :)
I too am worried about my sons shoulders, It's a 50/50 with buying the Nautilus...Because I just don't know how he will grow? I know we were both larger thicker children, So.

Anyone else? :)

chasingboys

We have one for my 4y/o DS, it's the only harnessed seat he fits in. He's on the top slots of the Nautilus, but it's too tight in the shoulders for him. I have no issues putting him in it and feeling safe doing so.

courtfrog2

You'll love the regent. The only thing is, make sure you have a top tether because it's required. Seat belt installation is easy once you get the hang of it. I have installed the regent in a truck, ford focus, and a dodge caravan and have had no problems. Can do it within a couple minutes once I got used to it. The recline bar is weird, but since it is required, just go with it :rolleyes:.

We started using our regents when my oldest was 7. It actually lasted her to 10 and she still fits in it technically, but she's 10... so she sits in a booster full time (She just turned 67lbs and is about 44 or 45 inches). My stepdaugther is stocky like your son. She is 8 and fits fine in the Regent. She's about 73lbs and 42 inches. She doesn't sit in it because of course wanted a highback when Hannah got hers.

My 5 year old tall child fit in the regent perfectly. She fits in the nautilus, but as I mentioned before the head slump his terrible. I think that is because of the shape of the shoulder area where you are finding it seems a bit snug. Once I switched to the regent for her, she can sleep perfectly in the car.

We've owned the frontier. To me it felt flimsy and not as solid as the other two seats. As for shoulder height though, it's not much different than the nautilus and about twice as much $.

You should be able to get a regent for about the same about of $ as the Nautilus. I know a few months ago the sahara was around $150. I really think you will be happy with it.

Here's a couple pics of my children in the Regent. The first is my oldest at 10 (Her last week in the regent).
The other one is my stepdaughter who was about 7 at the time and a tad over 65lbs. She fit perfect in it and still does.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC