What to do? 2 boosters and 1 RF in Prius?

bigteamug

I am in a muddle. I need a 3-across solution for a Prius, with two boosters and a RF convertible.

I just bought a turbobooster, but honestly, seeing it out of the box, I don't hold out much hope. I don't even know if it is worth taking out of the packaging. It is so wide and boxy, esp at the back, where you'd be reaching for the seatbelt. I'll run out to the car with my tape measure, bit it seems doomed.

I don't live in a big town with lots of options to try, say, a PWSG out in person. There is a baby depot and a BRU, and target and walmart, but the selection is a bit limited compared to say, Seattle area. We have: 1 vivo (dd, 7 years, 42 lbs rides in this now), one radianXT (dd2's seat - almost 3 years, maybe 25 lbs, she'll be RF for a looooooong time), one radian 65, and one blvd (she's in this now, there was a PT incident in the XT.) We also have the small RSTV, but DD's torso is so long I think she has outgrown it, and it has never fit well in the center of the car - the shoulder belt seems to want to pull out of the holder thing, I don't really feel great about it, and I don't think that will have changed with the redesign from what I can see....it's a bit of a hassle, too, esp with 3 kids to fasten.

I need the 3rd seat for school carpooling and maybe an occasional trip across town. The radian 65 is, at the very best, a temporary solution....DD is above the top slot. Haven't checked the ear height thing lately (I know you can go over the top slot in the Radian, just not sure quite where she is at) Her height seems to be mostly in her torso.

Is there a LBB that might work? Is it so bad in a center position? It doesn't seem likely to be worse than a RSTV that doesn't fit skinny kids well and doesn't "hit" the seatbelt right, if the shoulder belt sits better.

I guess I can order the PWSG with return insurance, but DH will not be pleased at the price. And it isn't that much narrower....other options?

Would a cosco highrise work? Is the new RSTV going to be any better for us?
Does the Monterey puzzle next to a RF Radian? I thought I read it was 15" across at the base of the booster.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC