Those with 3+ kids and 3 rows, are your younger ones in the middle row?...

emandbri

And older ones in the back or not.

Mine are mixed up because it works better for drop off and pick up at school and Jacob really doesn't fit well in the 3rd row even though he is 13.

ADS

monstah

My third row is totally inaccessible if there is more than one car seat installed in the 2nd row. I have all three kids in the 2nd row.

When DD1 turns FF and DS moves to a booster, I can't wait to try putting them in the third row with just DD2 in the 2nd row.

tiggercat

Right now my oldest is in the 3rd row in a booster, and kids in CRS in the middle. Once Greg is out of a booster, I will probably want him in the 2nd row (belt fit is much better, in fact he pretty much passes in the middle, but don't tell him!) and put one of the littles in the back. I only have one TA in the middle of the bench, though, so it would be tricky to have both there. Unless of course Greg going to seatbelt only and Megan going to booster coincide. Then I might put Megan in a booster and baby in a RF seat in the rear, and leave an empty spot in the middle row.

stephpook

Yes. Right now my 6-year old is in a booster in the third row and my 4-year old and 13-month old are harnessed in the second row. I have considered switching the older two for a number of reasons.

melniemi

I have my 2 youngest and ds2 in the middle row. I would have the 3 youngest there, but I need a booster on one end so I can slide that seat up for access to the third row. When dd1 goes into a booster, I will likely put my big boys in the third row and the 3 youngest in the middle. We'll see when we get there.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I do right now, but it's not always that way. I put the kids in whichever way works better at the time. :)

thepote

Youngest 2 are in the second row. If we have another the older two will probably go in the third row.

We have an 05 Ody, so only one TA back there :thumbsdown:

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
4 kids, 2 car seats. The littles are in the 3rd row. If the big kids are not with us, then the middle seats stay folded.The big kids do not have enough leg room in the 3rd row.

Mommypooh

I have my oldest 2 outbaord 3rd row and my youngest middle row drivers side. Then I keep a spare booster next to him in the middle row.

I have 3 kids, 6, 4, and 2, and I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. I also will have my girlfriends little boy who is also 6 often since she just got into it with her sister in law. So fun times.

christineka

My 3 youngest are in the middle row- rear-facing. The oldest 3 are in the third row. We just move the back of the outside seats forward and back for getting in and out. I couldn't stand reaching in the back any more.

Lea_Ontario

Boo, 7yrs old, is in his booster in the 3rd row passenger outboard spot.

Bear, 3yrs old, is in the mid row passenger side.

Bug, 5yrs old, is in the mid row drivers side.

ginny4

i have 4 kids. for most of the time i had the youngest 2 in 2nd & oldest 2 in the 3rd. however currently they are mixed up. i do have the one that is with me all day while the rest are in school in the 2nd row for easy in & out. not sure how i'm gonna set it up come the summer.....i REALLY prefer the 2 youngest in the 2nd row BUT my big boys will fit much nicer in the 2nd row than the 3rd row. but i also have the dilema of that the boosters don't fit all that well in the 3rd row. the seatbelt geometry is lousy & causes the belt to not slide thru the belt guide very well on the boosters we have. my DD will be newish to boosters in the summer & frankly i don't know if i want someone so new to boosters to be in that row where fixing it everytime is crucial. sorry now i'm blabbin too much about it.....what i need is different boosters i think

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Usually, yes. AJ is in the 3rd row middle (will move outboard when he moves to a booster) and Evan is 3rd row rfing on the driver's side. The Ilana is rfing driver's side and Olivia rfing middle.

Right now Ilana is in Evan's seat, Evan is in AJ's seat, and AJ is in a booster in Ilana's normal spot, lol.

oxeye

I have my 4 year old RF in the third row because that is where the Radian installs best. Our nanny's baby is RF in the third row as well.

My 6 year old and my baby are in the second row.

AllieCanada

I actually have my youngest in the third row and the older two are in the second. I only have TA's in my second row so DD2 will stay RF'ing in the 3rd row until DS is ready for a booster. I'm hoping everything works out that by the time DD2 weighs enough to go FF'ing DS will be ready for a booster and I'll have them trade spots in the van.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I actually have my youngest in the third row and the older two are in the second. I only have TA's in my second row so DD2 will stay RF'ing in the 3rd row until DS is ready for a booster. I'm hoping everything works out that by the time DD2 weighs enough to go FF'ing DS will be ready for a booster and I'll have them trade spots in the van.

What van do you have?

MOM25BOYS

My sig. pic shows my current set-up. :p

Right now my DS1 in the outboard position of the 2nd row with DS5 since there is no headrest in the center position of the 3rd row and no curtain airbags. It makes it easier also for school drop off to have the center seat folded down with DS4 in the 3rd row center. That is one reason I wanted the RNXT for him and love the Vivo's for DS3 and DS4. No airbags so I needed lots of side impact protection for the boys back there. :)

arly1983

Right now my middle child is in the 3rd row center and my oldest and youngest are in the middle. Works out best that way with the oldest drop off/pick up at school.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
My younger 2 are in the 3rd row and my big kids are in the middle row (or biggest in the front, even driving sometimes SCARY). We have had the olders ones in the 3rd row at times, but we all like the little guys in back best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC