Chicco Strada booster

steph_s

I have heard about this seat, but I hadn't ever laid eyes on it before. Tonight I decided to google it before making my decision weather or not to buy the monterey while it's on sale or not.

http://www.lnt.com/product/car-seats/195093/chicco-keyfit-strada-booster.html

I'm a tad confused by the weird side wings on the head rest. How much SIP will it really provide when it isn't a solid mass. Seems to me with that giant hole there it looks pretty, but it doesn't seem as sturdy. It has expandable side wings, but the side wings really don't look all that deep like on the monterey or even on the pkwy and neither do the head wings. It sort of looses the cradling effect. I will wait until I get my hands on the seat before making my final decision, but wonder what you think of it?

Do you think the wings (or lack thereof as it appears in this picture) is because at impact the child is thrust forward and then comes back into the seat, but the seat moves. Do you think it's a safety issue so the child isn't slammed back into the side wings (a fear of mine after seeing a few booster crash tests where the dummies did just this).

Guess we will have to wait for at least a month to know the real answers here....

And while I have so much to say about this seat apparently, could they please come out with a Miro cover quickly! Then I could have matching seats when I have little ones in the house! Besides, my munchkin :love: the Miro cover and had a fit that he couldn't use the infant seat! He informed me he wanted to be a baby again to have the pretty seat.

ADS

mrs_teeee67

I have heard about this seat, but I hadn't ever laid eyes on it before. Tonight I decided to google it before making my decision weather or not to buy the monterey while it's on sale or not.

http://www.lnt.com/product/car-seats/195093/chicco-keyfit-strada-booster.html

Off topic I know, but can you tell me where the sale on Monterey's is? I see the 'old' ones are marked down at Amazon, but other than that is there some bargain out there waiting for me?

Thank you

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Not sure I like the orientation of the shoulder belt guide.

What do you mean? It'll work perfectly for shoulder belts that come from behind the booster (like those mounted on the vehicle seat--like in my Sienna :)).

My question is why is Linens N Things selling boosters? It's a housewares store, lol. Plus, I thought it went out of business:confused:.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What do you mean? It'll work perfectly for shoulder belts that come from behind the booster (like those mounted on the vehicle seat--like in my Sienna :)).

My question is why is Linens N Things selling boosters? It's a housewares store, lol. Plus, I thought it went out of business:confused:.

Heh, I know, they suddenly started sending me emails with ads for, oddly enough, Things :confused:

Anyway, Steph, I wouldn't worry for a second about that porthole in the headwings, they still look wide and deep and angled outward, like the new Britax headwings, that act like a wide bowl to catch that rebounding head better. And frankly, if the hole is useful for viewing, it'll keep heads back IN the wings, instead of leaning out and around them. Not sure if it is, but really, I'm sure Chicco knows what their doing (they've had a variety of seats in Europe for years, they have some experience in safe seat design :thumbsup:)

Maedze

Those shoulder belt guides are PERFECT. They're similar to the ones on the FPSV, which creates an awesome belt fit. When the guides are off to the side (like on the Monterey and most seats), the shoulder belt is way more likely to be too close to the edge.

Kat_Momof3

Those shoulder belt guides are PERFECT. They're similar to the ones on the FPSV, which creates an awesome belt fit. When the guides are off to the side (like on the Monterey and most seats), the shoulder belt is way more likely to be too close to the edge.

I agree... and the price isn't TOO bad... it's similar to the Vivo...
anyway, here's the official site info... it's supposed to FINALLY be released in February... only a year or two after the original supposed release

http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/car-seats/keyfit-strada-booster/keyfit-strada-fuego.aspx

a_js

The other issue I have, which I know is shallow, but.. that light grey on both seats is going to look nice for about a week with most kids. Even if you disallow eating in the car, which so far I have had no success with DS. DH either for that matter, but he doesn't need a booster ;)

o_mom

Same reason as Bed Bath& Beyond, I guess. Also, didn't you see, it's "the new" LNT. :rolleyes: Probably made a pretty penny for the bankruptcy court selling the domain name. CircuitCity.com is back too.

steph_s

Off topic I know, but can you tell me where the sale on Monterey's is? I see the 'old' ones are marked down at Amazon, but other than that is there some bargain out there waiting for me?

Thank you

I have diapers.com price match ellite car seats $99 sale price. Ellite car seats has their 2009's marked down right now with free shipping (must be free shipping or diapers.com won't price match it). Anyways, diapers.com will just give you the credit on the seat. The thing is though that diapers.com's computer system is weird and will allow you to purchase any sunshine kids product and get the credit. So.. you can get a monterey 2010 model for $119 with free shipping.

In theory with that sale you could have diapers.com price match the monterey and end up getting a Radian or any other sunshine kids product for $20 off. If you a new customer you get another 10% off that.

steph_s

I personally think the shoulder belt guides might work better for us. My seat belts are attached to the side of the vehicle seat and pulling the seatbelt out is very difficult and no one ridding in a booster in my vehicle is even able to buckle themselves. I could care less about latch though, my car doesn't have it and most boosters don't wiggle in my car when the kids get in and out.

I do have concerns about the fabric also. If they made the booster in miro I would purchase it in a heartbeat! I have other concerns about how deep those wings are. They don't look nearly deep enough for older booster riders. When it comes out if I can see a picture of the average 9-10 year old and it still looks deep enough then I will probably buy it, if not then I'll pass.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC