ERFing pics (very pic heavy)

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I took these pics of DS yesterday. Wasn't sure if I should post here or upstairs, feel free to move wherever you see fit. I thought maybe these would be helpful for someone looking for an ERFing seat and doesn't have a store nearby to try them out in real life.

First, Nolan's stats: He is 3 yrs and 3 months old. Weight is 28lbs. Height is 37 inches. His seated torso height is 13.75inches and seated height from seat to top of head is 21.75inches.

** I'd like to clarify that all the below photos are taken on flat ground, and not installed in a car, where he may have gained a little more shell room.

** Also, the photos showing the measurements of shell above his head were hard to get an accurate picture. The exact measurements are listed with the photo.

Some pictures do not show the straps coming from below his shoulder like they should for RFing, but will still show how much room he has to grow.

I will add pictures of him in the Radian65 and MyRide 65 soon, as we have both of those seats at home and BRU was a circus!

Up first: The Britax Marathon

MAstats.jpg

MAfull.jpg

MAslots.jpg

He has 3.25" of shell above his head
MAshell314.jpg

Seat at widest point 19"
MAwidth.jpg

Next, the Cosco Alpha Omega Elite

** this seat was difficult because of the huge cardboard piece stabbing him in the neck (see photo) :rolleyes: He wasn't thrilled. I couldn't tighten it up at all, so we just made the best of it. ;)

AOEstats.jpg

The position of the straps were one spot above where they needed to be, with an additional 2 above that. So he had three adjustments left for growing room :thumbsup:

AOEfull.jpg

AOEslots3posabove.jpg

He has 5.25" of shell above his head

AOE525in.jpg

Seat at widest point: 17.5" without the cupholder
AOEwidth.jpg

See next post, too many photos!

ADS

LM4M

CPST Instructor
And the Safety First Complete Air

CAstats.jpg

The harness height is a slot above where he needs it for RFing, with 2 positions above it, leaving 3 slots of growing room.
CAfull3slotsabove.jpg

He has 5.5-5.75in above his head (angle of photo is off)
CAshell525.jpg

Seat at widest point: just over 18"
CAwidth1825.jpg

Last edited:

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I will add pictures of him in the Radian65 and MyRide 65 soon, as we have both of those seats at home and BRU was a circus!

I kid you not when I tell you that the store was a madhouse! Every single person was like "Uhhh, what are you doing??". Ds was so patient, though... and about ten people asked me about seats that I have, and a bunch asked me to measure seats for them since I had a tape measure :rolleyes: I don't know what I was thinking going on a Sunday afternoon.

So, I decided to take pics of him in the MR and RN at home, since we have both of them. I'll do it tomorrow night :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks! :D He actually liked the pink seat... and wanted a brown and pink playpen... he said "OOOOh, that's MY bed, Mommy!" LOL

Andie

Great pics! :thumbsup:

Want to add one thing though, the Complete Air's head rest goes above the shell. IIRC, the manual says a child can RF height-wise until their head is even with the top of the head rest.

Here is a pic of it in it's tallest position next to the Uptown:
uptowncompare.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Seat at widest point: just over 18"
CAwidth1825.jpg

I've found the cover poofs out a little bit on each side of the shell so it's actually narrower than what it looks. If the edge was pulled tight on the one side you can knock off about 1/2", if it was just laid on top of the edge on the other side then you can knock about 1" off the total width. I don't recall off the top of my head what I got when I measured the width of it, but I know it puzzles extremely well with the Radian and even the Nautilus. :)

One of the pp is right that the manual states head even with top of headrest and the headrest goes up much higher. OTOH, the manual also gives a 40" max rf'ing height limit. :shrug-shoulders:

swtgi1982

One of the pp is right that the manual states head even with top of headrest and the headrest goes up much higher. OTOH, the manual also gives a 40" max rf'ing height limit. :shrug-shoulders:

Yes, it does give a 40in RF limit, but I talked to a Rep from Dorel who said the top of the headrest is most important as long as they are under the weight limit for RF. (mind you I got transfered five times on hold until they got me to the person who would know to correct answer to my question:mad:)

I call mainly since my cup holder would not attach properly and asked about this when I called as well.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Totally off topic but he is sooo cute, especially with that hawk going on.

Thanks! He's all about his "homawk" as he calls it :rolleyes: It looked much better but he had to wear a hat since it was around 15 degrees out... kinda ruined the do'. :p

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for the pictures! I am suprised that the newer AOE's have SO much room for RF in them. Also I think your son is a DOLL!!!!!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
he is just too precious!! how do you not spend all day snuggling him?

hehe thanks! I'm a little biased, but I'll agree with you ;)

He was dragging the SR32 into the living room today, and was sitting in it watching tv (hmm, not sure why?) and for fun I strapped him in, and he actually could still ride in it, with JUST an inch above his head. :eek:

Kat_Momof3

omg... I just noticed your siggy... my daughter loves to climb into my pants (or she did... I've hopefully kicked that habit for the last time)... unfortunately, she always wanted to do it while I'm in them!

lol.

and no, you aren't biased at all in this case... he's absolutely precious... just makes me want to go have another boy or two... ah, well.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
omg... I just noticed your siggy... my daughter loves to climb into my pants (or she did... I've hopefully kicked that habit for the last time)... unfortunately, she always wanted to do it while I'm in them!

lol.

and no, you aren't biased at all in this case... he's absolutely precious... just makes me want to go have another boy or two... ah, well.

OMGosh I remember you saying that before about DD getting in your pants LMAO! Sounds like our DD's would get along! :p

And thank you! :love: After having two girls, who are drama queens... and then having him... I soooo want another boy. He is so mellow well behaved... nothing like his sisters :rolleyes::p

I still have yet to trek out in the snow to bring in a RN and MR to get more pics, but he will not let me forget. LOL

Kat_Momof3

OMGosh I remember you saying that before about DD getting in your pants LMAO! Sounds like our DD's would get along! :p

And thank you! :love: After having two girls, who are drama queens... and then having him... I soooo want another boy. He is so mellow well behaved... nothing like his sisters :rolleyes::p

I still have yet to trek out in the snow to bring in a RN and MR to get more pics, but he will not let me forget. LOL

oh, yeah, I've mentioned it before... she's the one who you'd think breastfed if you knew I only got to breastfeed successfully with one of them (more than the month I tried to bf Jeffrey)... she's been this way since birth... all about being skin to skin... to the point of shoving herself inside my clothes... she would get in there, caress/squeeze the numb side of my belly and my boobs... she was all about the cuddling.

I still don't know how I would have lived without slings (if she'd been good about respecting the rules when we weren't at home or when I wasn't up to it, I'd use the wrap over my bra to wear her instead of a shirt... and she'd just snuggle in...

She has been a monkey, into everything, and I constantly tell my dh I don't know how we would have ever managed to have even one more child after her if she'd been first... she can be so overwhelming... I could have managed one after her with her being third just because I was more experienced at juggling kids... but man... I don't think I could do it with another one like her.

Both boys were more mellow and easier than she has been (though Damian was very very demanding in infancy and in other ways, it wasn't as often and as much of the time as she has been)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC