Snugride 35 and OnBoard question

armyfam

Question 1- would you pay an extra 23 dollars for the Graco Snugride 35 instead of the OnBoard?
Question 2- do you know if the Graco Snugride 35 or OnBoard 35 will fit on a universal carseat adapter on a Sit and Stand stroller.

OnBoard 35 is 115 and 20 dollar shipping:eek:
Snugride 35 is 158 and free shipping
I need the seat to get me as long as possible. So far, my kids have grown out of their bucket seats by weight around 9-10 months old. Both were not quite 7 pounds at birth. TIA

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'd get the On Board assuming you're not in love w/ 1 patter like I was, lol. Yes, they should both fit. I know the Graco does.

FrogJuice

Personally I would buy the Graco, I loved my SS1, would buy another in heartbeat.

also, I really don't like the looks of the onboards.

Spam

I think it would just come down to what you like the looks of best. Graco has been around and is pretty trusted. Many people love their sr32/35/ss1. The onboard is newer and hasn't been used by a lot yet I don't think. If you were looking at the racer at babies'r'us they also have $20 off a carseat over $99. Other covers are becoming available for pre-order with shipping in January on other sites. I know goores has the nolan.

Jonah Baby

Have you looked at them both in person?

I personally feel that the OnBoard is on the same level as Evenflo buckets - plastic crap.
(Look at the OnBoard base. Its thin, flimsy, and looks like a cheap happy meal toy compared to Graco's line.)
(Look at the buckles as well. Would you trust your child's life on a flimsy, plastic puzzle buckle like that?)
But that is personal - I have not heard anyone else state the same as of yet. I pointed it out to a few friends and DP and they did agree with me.

Both seats fit fairly well upon the Sit n Stand - I researched this in person at BRU extensively. The only seats I wasn't happy with upon that stroller was the KeyFit30 and (I don't remember for sure which) either the newest Peg Perego or Britax Chaperone (one fit well, one did not.)

There are some benefits to the OnBoard over the SR32 when it comes to spacing in the vehicle. I also really like the LATCH connectors on the OnBoard over the ones Graco uses.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I personally didn't feel that the OnBoard base was that light and flimsy.

Also, not all OnBoards come with the plastic puzzle buckles. Some of the new ones come with the standard metal buckles.

The OnBoard was designed w/ input from neonatalogists and a CPST-I who is also a SN instructor and an RN. The inserts are very customizable. If having a less than 7# baby is a possibility, I'd definitely look closer at the OnBoard. If having a less than 5# baby is a possibility, put the OnBoard at the top of your list.

They are both great seats, though, for average babies. If you really can't decide, see if you can play around with them IRL. Put weight in them. Carry them around. Practice installing the bases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC