Question Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't have one, but a good friend does. She loves it. She lives in a tiny house with no room for a full-sized high chair, and the FP one has been perfect. :) I don't recall ever hearing a complaint.

noahsmom24

Looks like it has good reviews.
I've never used one but I did check them out at our local walmart just to look at it and the only thing I have seen that would turn me away from it is that the seat back of it is a little shorter than the normal high chairs. I also like my Evenflo high chair because it is adjustable in height. Sometimes I need it at the heighest point so My Great Dane can't reach my sons food, Or we can lower it when he eats at the dinner table with us, or if he is watching a tv show we lower it to the lowest setting so he wont be looking DOWN at the tv. Makes life easy and it folds up. I've never had ONE bit of trouble out of it, I'm sure my son is reaching its MAX weight by now though at 40lbs but It's never made a squeek & the wheels roll around on our various type of carpeting "high/low" as smooth as butter. My son has been known to fall asleep in it from time to time as well I can I can still recline him in it at 39inches & 40lbs without any trouble.
We have this one "except in the circus themed pattern, we love it!"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13333494
This is ours, which is now discontinued it looks like because its 2yrs old im sure.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...images?q=evenflo+circus+high+chair&hl=en&um=1

:)
It's all a matter of prefference I guess. We live in a smaller trailer and just fold it up in our hallway out of the way.

Rosey

I have one similar. I love the reclining boosters personally, but we have sturdy chairs. The only other thing is that it won't push all the way under the table but I haven't met a booster that does. I loved my Graco Contempo high chair too, but love the smaller tray on the booster-fits in the kitchen sink and dishwasher.

ZephyrBlue

Thanks for the input. We've had full-size high chairs for all the other kids, and I hate the big footprint. Plus, we now have a giant dog crate (for my English Mastiff) and a medium sized one for the little dog that we didn't have when we had high chairs before, and they are encroaching in on my kitchen space.

Are they any harder to clean than a full-size chair?

Calideedle

I just sold mine on CL today.

I really love it, super easy to clean and use. The tray fits in my dishwasher also. The cover on mine (Tan one from BRU) just clips on and comes off. I would just wipe it down. My only issue was I couldn't get it table level like I can with the Healthy Care Deluxe Booster since DS2 wants to sit with us.

zactayaus

We have it and love it. It adjusts three height levels and we can get ours at perfect table height.:thumbsup:

Here's a pic of Gavin in ours:

ZackandGavin018-1.jpg

noahsmom24

Thanks for the input. We've had full-size high chairs for all the other kids, and I hate the big footprint. Plus, we now have a giant dog crate (for my English Mastiff) and a medium sized one for the little dog that we didn't have when we had high chairs before, and they are encroaching in on my kitchen space.

Are they any harder to clean than a full-size chair?

LOL I know exactly what you mean about GIANT dog crates lol We have a large golden retriever and a 7 month old Great Dane Puppy & our whole Laundry room has went to the dogs and now all of their things are making their way OUT into the kitchen lol
We just prefer the Large High chairs, the one that Rosey Posted looks nice to! :)

Kaede's_Mom

Have one, and :love: it. Easy to clean, reclines back for younger kiddos, had different height adjustments, and can easily put it up to the table.

monstah

It doesn't fit under our table so, it doesn't take up less space than a high chair that can fold up when not in use. Instead, the chair with the Space Saver sits out away from the table 24/7 and it annoyed me. :eek:
I just use the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe. The tray fits perfect behind the seat back so the whole thing fits under the table like all the other chairs. And DD can use the tray if it's food that rolls away or she can sit right at the table with everyone else.
DD2 is 7 months old and the Space Saver is still in the attic.

Holly

I had one and liked it really well as a high chair alone. I didn't like it much when it was used up to the table without the tray. We couldnt push it in close enough because of the arms on it for the tray.

We gave it to my mom before ds was born and I got a regular high chair. I liked the high chair a lot when he was little, and still liked it, but I decided I wanted a little more room in the kitchen, and I wanted him to sit up to the table with us sometimes. We now have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe booster, the red and tan one. I love it! Ds fits well in it and it fits up to our table great. I love the tray, both pieces fit well in my dishwasher.
I like that it is smaller so I can take it with us easier. The day after we got it I actually went to a Christmas Party at my sisters and it folded up and was easy to take with us. The space saver was pretty easy too, we took it places sometimes, but now we lug around a lot more stuff so every bit of space we can save helps!

We still use the space saver when we are at my moms, and I still like it.

birdflippin'

I have one and like it. I have pull out end leaves on my table and that's the only place it fits. I don't have the seat cover on it so it's easier for the dog to clean out the seat after dinner.

Katy

I have one and love it!! Mine fits under our table just fine on the lowest setting. My friend had to remove the tray holder/ armrests to get hers to fit under thier table. It is also super simple to clean.

lpperry

I have one and love it! It doesn't fit under the table though. I don't like how I can't push it under out of the way when not in use. The arm rests are in the way.

ZephyrBlue

Thanks everyone! I'm going to buy one. I had bought the FP Rainforest high chair and changed my mind- it's too darn big! And my kitchen is huge, LOL, but I just don't want a big honkin high chair sitting in the middle of the floor. We got the Space Saver for my mom's house, too, because she didn't want another big one, either. Hers is the tan but I think it's boring so I'm going to get one of the other colors.

xursusmaritimusx

just wanted to add another vote for LOVE IT

been using it since DD was about 3 mo (just to be at the table with us)

she still uses the toddler part occasionally. it came in handy when we went to visit family over the holidays!
shes 36" and fits comfortably

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC