do carseat COVERS outdate?

santasgirl

i have a old car seat from when my nephew was a baby its a Graco Snug ride it was made in 2002, i know the car seat is WAY expired but i love the pattern of the car seat, as long as i have current car seats with the same 2 slot can i use the cover? i don't know how that works

ADS

Shanora

Uh, I think that all snugrides now have 3 slots (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm not sure if the cover would puzzle well with the newer seats.

crunchierthanthou

Did they change the shell height with the 2005 weight and height limit changes? I know it was around Jan 05 when they changed it to 22 lbs/29", but don't know if the dimensions changed. It would also depend on whether it's a front or rear adjust.

As a general answer to your question, no. Covers don't expire. Some Britax covers are still getting passed around long after the original seats expired (although, sometimes the elastic needs replaced).

santasgirl

yea the more i think i dont think it will
i have a few i use to display and this one is my oldest it is
Graco - Baby Travel System | Chauffeur™ 7498PLG

santasgirl

so i guess ill just use it for display i was just wondering but nope well i guess when i have a child i will have to get a nice new seat ehhehehe
i miss babies i take care of a 2yo and almost 4yo

santadec001.jpg

santadec013.jpg

santadec014.jpg

Jonah Baby

Techs, would it be a no-no to "alter" the slots on the cover (like add one and make sure the other two truly line up/make new holes) to use the cover?

I agree, that cover is purty. Sure looks a lot fluffier than their new SR covers.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
No, you can't do that. There are more changes (I think) than just an extra slot. It won't fit right. And if it is indeed "fluffier", it may be designed differently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC