About to buy a 2008 Ford Taurus X, anyone else have one? Likes/dislikes?

ang79

DH and I test drove several Ford Freestyle/X's today and fell in love with a 2008 SEL AWD. It has the works (heated leather seats, dual climate controls, etc.) and drives well. Captian seats in the second row and I like how you can fold down one side or all of the third row for extra cargo room. We currently have a 3 yr. old in a Graco Nautilus and a 1 yr. old rear-facing in a Graco Comfort Sport but I think it will be nice to have the extra cargo room for traveling or the extra two seats for friends/family to ride with us. And I desparately need AWD to make it up my hilly driveway in the winter!

We think we found a great deal on this car, but I feel the need to research things to death, so does anyone have the Taurus X? Likes/dislikes? Do you know if those carseats will install in the two middle captains chairs well using LATCH?

ADS

noahsmom24

I don't own one personally but I did type in its name on Youtube and came up with many videos/reviews of the Taurus X. Looks like a great vehicle! I watched one of the videos!! :thumbsup:
Sorry I couldn't help out more but finding that youtube always has a review for whatever I am looking for and sometimes Its much nicer hearing someone telling you about things through a video than just words.

Good Luck! :) Hope someone else chimes in for you with some info!

monstah

I have a 2006 (Freestyle) and I :love::love: it. If you want the Nautilus in the third row it will block most of your view out the back window. But our DVD player blocks the whole view anyway.

:thumbsup::cool:

BudgieStew

We don't own one but it has always been on our short list every time we get a new car. I tried out a friend's 09 and loved it.

We almost got one in the summer but there were only four 09 left with AWD at dealerships in Canada and it would have been a hassle to get one to our dealership.

I am very disappointed that they discontinued making it.

shorty393

I have an 06 Freestyle Limited. It does drive great and is very comfortable, but the gas mileage is nothing like they advertise. In the city I get just under 20 mpg and on the freeway it only gets up to 24 mpg. It isnt awful given it is a larger vehicle but they claim it will get 500 miles on a tank of gas and ours has only gotten to about 415 tops when traveling exclusively on the Interstate. I do love the room. Even with the 3rd row up there is quite a bit of storage space. Also, I have a RF RN behind the passenger seat and there is still room for an adult to sit up front. I just move the second row captains chair all the way back to give as much room up front as possible.

P

poonamt93

I don't care what the other post said the Taurus X its a good car has been re vamped and problems solved as of the last of the Taurus were built in Atlanta. Run by the dealer and test drive one and see for your self, hope this helps. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC