Safe Winter Wear for car seats?

todzwife

I'm wondering if there is a one piece suit that is safe (not bulky) enough for a little one to wear IN the car seat.

Links are helpful! Thanks!:love:

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cat4=3160&shop_method=pp&feat=3160-sub2&np=Y

THis one is pretty good (I have one from 1996:eek:). Anything that is just 1 layer of fleece. I found that the sherpa type fleece really can take up alot of room (I have pics:D).

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidFle...O&CM_MERCH=IDX_00007__0000001032&origin=index

This one may not be too bad, but I would have to see and feel it, kwim?

I think that is it, MEC? makes a good one. I think columbia may also have a good one. Also, layering is your best friend. And make sure the head and hands and feet are covered. You want to make sure the outfit is the correct size, and not too big, as that would allow excess fabric around the harness.

Katy

I live in MN we have days where days like today get -36F so yeah just placing a small infant in a convertible is cold. Even if you use extra blankets/ Pancho to carry them out.

I'm NOT a tech. I use a Columbia one layer fleece body suit. It's not much but it helps and I feel it is totally safe. I'm able to keep the straps at the same tightness no matter if the baby is wearing the suit or not. I don't have any links because mine is about 6 years old.

zactayaus

I have the llbean trail model fleece coverall that was linked in post #2 for my little one. The hands and feet flip over to make mittens and booties. We just used it yesterday (temps in the 20's) and he was actually sweaty when it was time to take him out of it, so I know it's keeping him nice and toasty warm.:love: I love it so much I ended up ordering the jacket a month or so ago, which he wears when the temps are in the 40's or higher.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC