Monterey questions

cookie123

I've been looking around a bit at boosters, trying to come up with a better solution. I just don't like those TBs. On the Sunshine kids site, it says the Monterey latches more securely now. Does it have rigid latch? It also says the seat base is 15 inches.

I was thinking - one of these outboard on each side, then Matthew rear facing in something in the middle, so how wide the shoulder width was wouldn't be a problem for awhile. I have the Avenue or the Radian.

Anyone have any input?

ADS

CarseatDiva

I can't answer your question, but I also have a Monterey question... What is the difference between the new montereys and the old ones? It is just the covers?

ginny4

i'm nto sure what all the differences are between the new & old but the covers are different for sure. i think there were only minor changes. like the latch is flexible but on the new ones they are supposedly separate latch rather than continuous. hopefullu easier to use. it still has the same measurments all around that i know of.

mish

I wish I could answer your questions, but I wonder too. I am looking to get Adam a booster and can't decide what to get him. I would love to get the oobr but I just can't justify the money. I really think I will go with a monterey.

Kat_Momof3

where are you finding it saying that about latch? you're not the first to mention it, but I can't ever seem to find it on the skjp site

emandbri

I'm honestly not sure if anyone here has the new monterey yet. Folks keep asking about it and no one knows about the differences. Does anyone have it?

ginny4

where are you finding it saying that about latch? you're not the first to mention it, but I can't ever seem to find it on the skjp site

i know i read it somewhere.....i can't find it now either. maybe i read it here & took it as definite. i have no idea now. i wish someone would get the new ones to let us know.:D

cookie123

The page looks different today, as does the spec page. It DID say that. Now bullet point six says something about it. Also now it says the width is 19.5. Before there was that picture with all the measurements on it, I think.

I looked at the manual and it looks like 2 separate latch straps coming from underneath - the crappy type latch hooks - and there's a front pull strap to tighten it. All there is is a picture. So, I'm assuming this. One of the photos in the manual has the circle with a line through - the "NO" signal - I'm not sure what you're not supposed to do. Could they add a few words?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC