Im so excited!!

bp2002

My tech class starts tomorrow!! YEAH!! After 3 horrible days at work, I need something I'm going to enjoy!!

Now im just worried im gonna be the only one there that believes in extended rear facing and extended harnessing.. but oh well, should be interesting huh?

On another note that made me happy, I've gotten to play with alot of infant seats recently *drool*.. We had a NIB one donated to the NICU. It sat around for awhile, waiting for a good home.. Then I had a baby going to a "childrens nursing home" .. by ambulance, and the ambulance showed up with a gross old evenflo convertible. I was very happy to give that little baby a new cosco infant seat. (the designer 22 is it??) And i got to play with a seat i'd not used before! All the nurses seemed so confused on how to make it fit properly, I thought it was pretty nice.

I also got to use a graco ss1! I nannied on my day off and had to take the baby with me. That sucker installed like a dream in the back of an extended silverado pick up with latch. soooo nice! I know I'll be recommending it as a good seat to parents!

Well, I'd just thought I'd share my excitement with some other people that would understand!! Most people think im just nuts. lol.

Lauren

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LOL -- yay!!! Don't worry, we'll support your "habit" here :p

Also ... if possible I suggest checking in here & asking for clarification if you don't understand what your instructors are teaching or why: if nothing else the other T/I's here can help you prod your I's more for the sake of your classmates :eek: (I wish I'd had internet access during my course to ask for clarification on RF tethering *UGH*)

bp2002

Oh yeah!! That is a great idea!! I have class on tuesdays and thursdays for 2 weeks, then the check is the following week (on Valentines day I believe).. So I should be able to pick ya'lls brains!!

I *think* I will do alright. However, I really dont know 100% what types of things they cover. I've learned sooo much from being a part of this board, I'm just wondering what new info I'll learn in class..

Lauren

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm sure you'll do just fine :) It's not exactly rocket science, but you'll practice memorization of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards + have fun installing various carseats in different vehicles & if you're dedicated, you'll pass with flying colors ;)

scatterbunny

Have a great time! The only advice I can give is, sit back and get a "feel" for the instructors and their teaching style before jumping in with answers to questions. ;) Some will NOT be supportive/informative on extended rear-facing and extended harnessing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC