CPST discount?

bluebonnet

CPS Technician
Saw another post where someone mentioned a 'Tech discount' I wasn't aware there was a CPST discount. I usually only frequent this forum if I have a question for a client that I can't find thru other research or if I'm looking for support from other like minded folk so I'd never heard of a 'Tech Discount'.

Anyone know of this?

TIA!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, first, are you a CPST? That's the only way to get the discount. (I'm assuming you are, since you're asking, but just in case.)

Okay...I feel more ignorant...what's the extranet?:confused:

On the SafeKids website, you log in with your tech info to record your CEUs and stuff. Somewhere on there (can't remember now--in the online CEU section, I think) is the Britax extranet with the info about their program.

Saw another post where someone mentioned a 'Tech discount' I wasn't aware there was a CPST discount. I usually only frequent this forum if I have a question for a client that I can't find thru other research or if I'm looking for support from other like minded folk so I'd never heard of a 'Tech Discount'.

Just a disclaimer since you mention "clients." The Sunshine Kids program allows you to use the discount to purchase seats as demonstration seats only :)whistle:). Britax allows you to buy seats as gifts, but you can't resell them. So if you were looking for a way to buy seats FOR other people, you can't technically do it under either program.

Pixels

Britax has an intranet with additional info for techs. You access it through the SafeKids website. They explain some stuff about how their seats are designed, and there are CEUs available. That is also how they release their tech seats, when they have them.

Sunshine Kids has a tech discount that is available all the time. There is a lot of info on this in teh tech forum.

Follow these directions to get yourself registered as a tech on this site, and gain access to the tech forum.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Various companies offer discounts for program directors, Safe Kids coalitions, technicians or other professionals. These may be ongoing, one-time events or done ocassionally on older products or fashions. It's not unlike the "Friends and Family" type of deals you sometimes see offered to employees or large customers. Once in a while these discounts may be a great deal. More often than not, you find similar deals from time to time on clearance at retailers. Much like any "tech discount", the items are often restricted to very specific models and fashions and offer little selection.

Anyone know of this?

TIA!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC