Which Booster?

libranbutterfly

We are (hopefully) getting Kamille a dedicated booster seat for her birthday. What would you recommend? She is fluctuating between 40-43 lbs right now.

She WANTS a cowmooflauge seat, but they aren't being made anymore right now. I considered the Maxi Cosi Rodi XR, since it comes in a green cover, but noticed it needs high vehicle headrests, and I know of at least one vehicle this wouldn't work in. I will most likely just pick up a turbobooster at meijer since I wont have money until a couple of days before her party. But I was also thinking a vivo might be easier since it is sturdier and doesn't try to fold. I do not think our Big Lots has them though, but I will be at a different Big Lots tomorrow, and will check there. I also like the Monterey. The oobr is out of her price range at least for now, as much as we love the Julius and Skurvy covers, and it comes in a green that she would love.

So, which seat would you get? We want something fun and colorful, that my little princess will love. We want something that fits smaller children well, and will last her a while. We need it to be usable with low seat backs. She will be training and using the seat occasionally until she turns 6 (unless she outgrows our other seats), and then will go into the booster full time, and we will pick up one or two more boosters as needed.

ADS

cookie123

So far I hate boosters! I took H & B to the movie today in their TB and really wasn't happy with how it slid around and I had difficulty tightening the lap part snug enough for some reason. Although I do say I liked not having to install 2 car seats on this very cold day.

When I used them earlier, it was in a 3 across, and about broke my back trying to get them buckled in. It seems like there should be a better way.....

I would consider the Clek - I think it's the only one with rigid latch.

hboo22

We have a turbo and a vivo, and the vivo is my favorite of the two without a doubt. I hate how the turbo falls apart when you try to move it! But the vivo doesn't come in any patterns, just colors. We have a red/black one for hubbies truck (look at my post "Laila's fit in Vivo" for pics, she's about the same age/size as your little one I think....

Kat_Momof3

I've had turbos... they just feel flimsy compared to the Vivo... and the belt placement is better with the vivo.. and the padding... the covers are softer.. oh so much softer... I love the Vivo.

I'd get a vivo or order a vivo (and when are the NEW vivos going to be released... I'm dying to see if I have to get Ruthie a snazzier cover for her birthday)

libranbutterfly

Thanks for the pics of your daughter in the vivo! I really like the fit, and the fact that it feels so sturdy. I think Kamille would like the blush, although I wish the new ones would come out so we could get a raspberry instead, like on the new como and signo. I really like it better. She would LOVE green, but pink is her second favorite color. I wonder where the best place to order from would be?

libranbutterfly

So far I hate boosters! I took H & B to the movie today in their TB and really wasn't happy with how it slid around and I had difficulty tightening the lap part snug enough for some reason. Although I do say I liked not having to install 2 car seats on this very cold day.

When I used them earlier, it was in a 3 across, and about broke my back trying to get them buckled in. It seems like there should be a better way.....

I would consider the Clek - I think it's the only one with rigid latch.

I :love: the clek, but it is out of our price range (At least until tax time). Neither of our current vehicles have latch, either, so that wouldnt be very useful for us.

I really have no experience with boosters at all, except for when my niece (now 16) was three and had some sort of combo seat that we were using as a booster and when we went around a curve the whole seat fell sideways. :whistle:

chasingboys

We love our Monterey, I'm not comfortable with him using a TB anymore after using the Monterey, it's just so much sturdier! I'm not sure how well a Monterey would fit a smaller kiddo though. My DS will be 6 in April and is 55lbs/18"+ torso

libranbutterfly

Well, the other Big Lots didn't have vivos either (I had to sneak down the car seat eisle without DH knowing what I was doing LOL, the girls were spending their grocery money from gran and great uncles on my side of the family. So, I'll have to order one. We pushed her party back a week so we could prepare better, so hopefully we can get everything together.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC