Please remember

mommy-medic

That keeping your children safe in car seats is only the beginning. If your kids are older make sure you stress the absolute importance of wearing their seatbelt EVERY RIDE. Set the example yourself.

Tonight there was a girl about 16 or 17 years old. Driving entirely too fast. Unrestrained. Her boyfriend beside her had his seatbelt on. She flipped the car twice. She was ejected. She didn't die initially, but 20 minutes later her families cries echoed through the entire ER when her body gave up. The boyfriend? Has a cut finger.

BUCKLE UP!

ADS

urchin_grey

:(

I was in a wreck when I was 17 and I know my seat belt saved my life (or at the very least, saved me from some serious injuries). I was sore all over for a few days like someone beat the stew out of me and I had a burn on my neck from the belt, but I'll take that over being ejected any day...

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What a sad, sad story. (I cried when I read your blog earlier.) Thanks fo the reminder not to forget about our older kids.

PurpleCat

So sad. :( I am the one in my family who will "nag" everyone to buckle up. My uncle is the worst. He's in the stupid mindset that it just gets in his way. *sigh*

It must be so difficult to witness a death like that. I guess you get somewhat desensitized to it after a while, eh?

lilliput

So, so sad. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to that family. My sister lost a friend recently in a similar accident. The father was speeding, no seat belt, but did properly restrain his 5-year old son (I have no details on what kind of restraint). He flipped his truck, was ejected, died at the scene, but the little boy was discharged from the hospital that same day. Both such preventable tragedies if only they'd buckled up, let alone not been speeding.

Mommy2Marcus

:crying: So sad. I NEVER EVER NEVER even move the car untill everyone in my car is buckled up. If you ride with me, you MUST wear a seat belt. I have never even thought about not wearing a seat belt. I took a friend home from work one night. He did not put his seat belt on, I did not move the car. He looked at me & asked why. I told him that untill he was buckled up, the car would not be moving. He buckled up. :D

I am SO sorry that you had to witness this. It has to be heart breaking. I hope her family finds some peace.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC