My booster retirement home

Just realized that now that the old RideSafer Travel Vest has been replaced by the redesigned model, *all* of my seats are of the no-longer-in-production variety:
2 old-style Britax Parkways (one Nantucket, one Sapphire)
2 Fisher Price Safe Voyage boosters
1 Graco Air Booster
1 old-style small RideSafer Travel Vest

No wonder I get my "new car seat fix" vicariously by reading everyone else's posts about the new seats they get for their LO's (hopeless geek that I am;)). We're not planning to have any more kids, so right now the only seat I can really justify planning to purchase is the large RSTV (which will probably wait until tax time - DD1 is close to the weight limit of the small but DD2 is barely 50 lbs. and should be able to fit it for at least another year)

ADS

steph_s

Yeah I have the general car seat retirement home here. The only seats I have that is still in production is my new pkwy sg, 2 of the new RSTV (at my parents house) a keyfit (on loan to a friend) and the rn 65 (if that is even still in production??)

-Safeseat
-Companion infant seat
-Regent
-Old Style pkwy
-Air booster
-Old style RSTV in a sm and lg
-Wizard

steph_s

Not as stiff as the old one, fits smaller kids better, just not as big in general. O yeah and lower weight limits on the size small. The new ones are just better. It gives a better belt fit in general but especially when your talking about a child on the lower end of the limits. The bottom part where the lap belt goes now bends, plus it's cooler because it isn't as much of a full vest and covers less skin.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You can get a good look at its new design at http://www.safetrafficsystem.com :) The new design is more open in the back which means more ventilation/less hot in the summer, and it has a lower 30 lb. starting weight for the size small, along with a 3 year old age minimum. The original version had a 35 lb. minimum weight for the size small. And there are several colors available now, too.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmmm... I have a few old gems, now that I think of it... out of production...
Starts, Parkway, RN 65 with a 33lb weight limit and no metal attachers for the RF boot, Safeguard Go (now made by Safety 1st), Clek Oto (yeah, it's Canadian AND out of production, do I score double on that? lol), Strolee High Ride (backless booster). My Frontier and Dakota are still in the land of the living, though :love:

It's weird as kids get older and your seats just 'work' and you don't need new stuff, huh?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC