Seat for 2010 Mazda3

Kia

My DH is looking at purchasing a new Mazda3 so we will need a new carseat for it. My DD is 25 months, weighs about 27 pounds (in her pyjamas with a full belly) and is about 32 inches and I would like to keep her rear facing until at least 3. She is currently rear facing in a TF (on the second slots) in our current car, a Honda CRV. She will only be riding in the Mazda if I have to stay late at work which is 2-3 times a year and occasionally on weekends. Money is a bit tight right now as we have just bought a house so we really don't have $300 to spend on a new seat. I was thinking about a Scenera now and then a Nautilus in a year or so when she outgrows the Scenera. Has anyone installed a scenera in a newer Mazda3? Thank you.

Kia

ADS

canadiangie

Hi,

Yes, a Scenera will be fine in a Mazda3. :)

You may need a piece of pool noodle or tightly rolled towel to help with recline as the Scenera tends to install fairly upright rear facing.

A trick for installing it is to move your front seat all the way forward. Standing overtop of the Scenera with your bum in the air use your tummy/hips to push the Scenera in and down while you use one hand to push down where her feet would be, and your other hand to tighten the UAS/LATCH strap. You can play with the angle just by pushing at a different angle with your tummy/hips. At your dd's age she can be as upright at 30 degrees which should allow you to move your front seat all the way back once the seat is installed.

If you're installing in the middle of your backseat you will need to use the seatbelt as Mazda does not allow 'borrowing' of UAS from the outer seating positions. You may find you get a better install (with less tilt) if you use a locking clip to hold the belt tight.

Once you buy the seat you could come back here and post some pics... or ask more questions, etc.

Hope that helps,

ETA: just make sure dd has at least 1" of hard seat shell above her head in the Scenera. If she doesn't and you want the next most cost effective seat you could look at the Safety 1st Avenue at sears.ca. It's similar to the Scenera but has a taller shell. IIRC its $130.

mommycat

I was going to say you could look at the My Ride on sale under $200, but then remembered that you really won't be using the seat much and want to save $$, so maybe it wouldn't make sense after all. But if you happen hate the Scenera and the Avenue, I would try the MR or the TF again...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC