Torn on how to buy Radian

jess71903

Ambassador
DS will be getting a Radian 80SL at some point in the next few months, and baby girl will be getting his True Fit. My mom has said that she would buy the Radian for us because she got DS's 1st and 2nd seat for him, but I know that money is tight. Last night, we got a $400 Target gift card from many of the families that we go to church with. Target carries Radians online, but not in my store. The 80SL is $269 at Target.com. I found one somewhere else for $212, and I could use my tech discount and get one straight from SK for a little less than that. But I or my mom would be buying it with money, not a gift card at that point.

I googled Target's price match policy, and apparently they WILL NOT price match ANYTHING online. Grrrr :mad::mad:. That would fix it all for me if they'd price match.

There are other things I could get with the Target gift card- cloth diapers, a double stroller, odd and end things. I just don't know. I can't decide if I close my eyes and order the Radian and pretend it was a gift and I didn't know how much it cost, or get it cheaper somewhere else and use the gift card for other things. What do you think?

ADS

loufrando

I'd probably get the Radian with the gift card from Target and look at it as the gift it is. That's just me though! :) Either way, good for you with that big 'ol Target gift card. Enjoy!

jess71903

Ambassador
Thanks for the reply! I posted and then it got buried so I didn't check again! I kinda think I probably should go ahead and get it, and then I just can't pull the trigger! I'm such a bargain shopper :rolleyes:.

flutie128

Do they have the stroller you want to buy? If they don't $400 is a lot of money to spend. I would probably just look at it as a gift as well.

crunchierthanthou

You said you don't need it right away. I'd probably look back through the shopping forums and see if you can find a SKJP sale pattern like Britax has (had)? I'll bet you could narrow it down pretty quickly in some of the sponsor forums. If it looks fairly likely they'll be on sale in the next couple of months, I'd hold off and use the Target gc during a sale. February is often a big time of year for baby gear sales.

jess71903

Ambassador
Do they have the stroller you want to buy? If they don't $400 is a lot of money to spend. I would probably just look at it as a gift as well.
I don't really know what I want in the way of a stroller. We don't use them much but I know I need one every once in a while.

You said you don't need it right away. I'd probably look back through the shopping forums and see if you can find a SKJP sale pattern like Britax has (had)? I'll bet you could narrow it down pretty quickly in some of the sponsor forums. If it looks fairly likely they'll be on sale in the next couple of months, I'd hold off and use the Target gc during a sale. February is often a big time of year for baby gear sales.

I didn't even think about a SKJP manufacturer sale. I was just thinking I would have to wait on Target. Good plan, thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC