Radian XTSL - changes?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Someone mentioned that the ff'ing belt path is different on the XTSL compared to other radian's. Aside from this comment, I don't recall seeing mention of this on the boards - though I admittedly haven't had time to read every single thread.

So can anyone clarify for me if there has been a change to either the rf'ing or ff'ing belt path between the Radian 80, XT, and XTSL?

I'm aware of the reinforcing rods midway up the shell, the SL LATCH connectors on the SL, and the change in color of the LATCH belt on the SL, as well as the narrower rf'ing boot and the rubber grips on the bottom of the seat.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

ADS

InternationalMama

When a retroactive upgrade kit was being discussed Russ also said that the tether and harness are different on the SL. I have heard someone mention the harness is thicker. Also, the SL latch strap isn't just a different color, it's made out of a different material combo (tougher).

Haven't heard anything about the belt path, but then I didn't know that there was a change to the RF boot either so...:shrug-shoulders:

babygirlsmom1005

When I called and talked to Russ (take it for what it is) he said the only thing that changed was the harness (to benefit FF'ing not RF'ing) and the SL, other than that, the seats are exactly the same (same frame, etc...)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There is a smaller RF boot? I thought that change came a while ago, not with the Sl line. I also thought the rubber grips on the bottom came a while ago, not with the SL line. Granted, I only have an XT, so I could be wrong.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's exactly like the other Radians, FFing belt-path-wise, from what I saw (though I was working with it RFing.)

InternationalMama

I think the reinforcing rods were also a pre-SL change. I remember hearing that the 80 and XT have rods in the back that the 65 doesn't have and I've never heard of any increase in that structure for the SL models.

WhatAboutPuppy

I have an XT and XTSL... The FF belt path is the same... They install the same at least. I have never put them side by side to check but the latch plate hits the same on each (in my car this means I need at least 2 full twists on the belt stalk).

The only thing I've noticed about the XTSL is that the shoulder pads are much much thinner (I have Flora)... Has anyone else noticed this or is it just Flora that has less stuffing under the cover?

emandbri

I think the reinforcing rods were also a pre-SL change.

The bars, grippy things, and removable harness all were on seats made after Sept 08. The only improvement that was slightly later was the new chest clip which was put on 80s and 65s a few months later but I think always on the XTs. My 10/08 80 had the old one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC