Surprised w/ Scenera

Raegansmom4

We just got a Scenera for our secondary seat when I sold our MA that was backup. I kind of thought I would probably hate it since I'm used to our Britax and Graco seats (I'm snobbish, I know). But, I'm actually liking it quite a bit! The first install w/ rolled towels caused a lot of cussing b/c I was having issues getting it tight, but when I just got behind the seat and pushed in w/ my fat gut, I got it rock solid. I actually kind of like the continuous harness, and it's easy to get dd into and out of. We actually took a 6 hour total drive today in dh's car (better tires), and I was worried dd would be uncomfortable in it for that long, but I don't think it bugged her at all - she slept almost the entire trip! What a great seat for the money!

BTW: Before anyone says anything about dh's car having better tires, he drives 50 miles one way per day for work, I drive 5 blocks one way. And, it's not like my tires are bald or unsafe, his just have about 1,000 miles on them.

ADS

jujumum

Wow, that's good to hear! I bought 2 for my old sitter last year and they seemed pretty nice for being so inexpensive. I had to get her gender neutral ones, though. It pained me not to get the pink apple ones from Target.:D

NannyMom

I really liked the Scenera too when we were using it. Loved it as a back up seat because it was easy to install (I did it like you).

mommy-medic

I provided one to my ex for him to use with our 2 yo because of his lack of a "no eating" policy, and absense of any ability to keep the thing clean. :rolleyes: What's that sweetie? You want a blue and red snowcone, a chili dog, and then you're going to have an accident or throw up??? Um, Yeah, let me give you one of our $300 seats for that :rolleyes:

I am happy with the install and the fit. Seems solid. And after trying to destroy a few through carseat checks, that shell is resilient!!!! :whistle:

swtgi1982

I am happy with the install and the fit. Seems solid. And after trying to destroy a few through carseat checks, that shell is resilient!!!! :whistle:

Yes it is! We (DD and I) were in a bad crash when she was 6months old. We were told no one should have survived. The roof collapsed in, the car spun five or six times before rolling three and a half more times into the ditch on the side of the highway (all because I tried to stop to avoid a crash and a tire blew out!) DD and I both walked away with no need for further medical attention other then medics on scene checking us out.

She was RF in center of Ford Focus in that accident.

We had just had her seat checked two days prior by our friend who is a tech.

todzwife

I'm happy with ours too. I use it as a seat for the little boy I watch in the afternoons, but it may end up being our new baby's seat if I can't figure out what else to get LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC